The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Spread Cull...bah! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mavanhare
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Mavanhare
I've read and reread Giobbi's instructions on the Spread Cull in Card College one but I don't see how it works...I almost always have to create a gap in my spread to do it, and it's really obvious. Normally I would think I just needed more practice, but I get the vibe I'm just going at it all wrong...I've looked for videos on google video and youtube, but can't find anything...any help would be greatly appreciated.
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Honolulu, Hawaii
262 Posts

Profile of BWind
Mavanhare,
Checkout the following DVDs: Daryl's Fooler Doolers volume 3, in particular, the effect by Dai Vernon "Follow the Leader"; performing with a batch of 20 cards may help you to get a little more proficient faster; Also, John Carney in "Secrets" volume 2 explains how you can "mask" the cull's so called break in "rythm", an excellent ruse;
BWind
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
Quote:
On 2007-01-05 19:36, Mavanhare wrote:
I've read and reread Giobbi's instructions on the Spread Cull in Card College one but I don't see how it works...I almost always have to create a gap in my spread to do it, and it's really obvious. Normally I would think I just needed more practice, but I get the vibe I'm just going at it all wrong...I've looked for videos on google video and youtube, but can't find anything...any help would be greatly appreciated.

I agree with you. It's not so easy from reading Giobbis instructions. Some things are meant to be seen on DVD's. Keep in mind that a lot of stuff in Card College is great. I have read a lot about spread culls, so hopefully I learn it as well
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
I also had trouble with this.
I started doing it well after seeing the heckler by brian tudor. he goes into it rather briefly but for some reason I picked up on it.
I have to say that I would also recommend video for this sleight.
good luck!

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
There is a discussion on the Cull here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......2&18
Cardamagically,
<<<KRaZy4KaRdZ>>> Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Spread Cull...bah! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL