The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » The hard life of an illusionist on tour!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Watching this video makes me want to quit magic. I had no idea touring to such an exotic location could be so grueling on a performer and his crew. YOWZA! How do they do it??????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfhjtWy60sk&NR

Best,

Tim
steves7
View Profile
Regular user
Blue Springs, Missouri
114 Posts

Profile of steves7
The actual "magic" at the end of the five minute video was awesome! If you can wait through the video montage, you will probably find it to be worth the wait.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hi Steve,

The video was actually created to be played for an audience while another illlusion was being setup backstage. It showed the audience some of the aspects of traveling abroad. Believe it or not the pepsi can gets a huge reaction from the audience. The magic at the end was added to give the video big finish and lead into the next illusion.

Best,

Tim
BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
319 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
Ah yes- I remember watching Ryans video a bit back onstage.
I like the hills
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Haha the good old "were doing a show in the desert clip" LOL tim:P

I love this vid no matter how many times I watch it .. be it on the comp.. or at one of the times ive seen ryans AWESOME illusion show!

Congrats Ryan &Kendra... and all the hard work you guys have behind the sceen(fraser Kyle and I forget the other guys name.. )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIrP95Gzn......;search= btw that's ryans new promo check it out!
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hi Mark,

I know what you are thinking but the hills have NOTHING to do with it. Its similar to the method that Lance used in a tv special once to produce a bus. Ryans time was very limited and he had to shot at that location but the effect could have been done a very flat surface.

Best,

Tim
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Wonderful
Magicray80
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
69 Posts

Profile of Magicray80
The demo is sweet
"And What Not!!!" paisa23 you know what i mean.
BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
319 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
Quote:
On 2007-01-11 21:27, Timothy Drake wrote:
Hi Mark,

I know what you are thinking but the hills have NOTHING to do with it. Its similar to the method that Lance used in a tv special once to produce a bus. Ryans time was very limited and he had to shot at that location but the effect could have been done a very flat surface.

Best,

Tim

No No Tim,

When they DRIVE down the hills. I think that's the right video. I started to watch it, but didn't finnish and from what I remember, he drove down super steep sand hills. I'll have to rewatch it to make sure its the right vid!
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the correction! How silly of me. Its all so clear now..LOL My Bad.

Best,

Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » The hard life of an illusionist on tour!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL