The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Blindfold routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I'm looking for a 10 minute blindfold routine. I'm not too interested in methods of blindfolding. That's been adequately covered in past threads, and, I've been using the same method forever. The old adage: Show me 10 ways to discover and 1 way to reveal, and I still have only 1 trick. Show me 1 way to discover and 10 ways to reveal, I have 10 tricks.) What I'm looking to do update my act. Any suggestions as to what's out there that's worthwhile?
thanx
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Do what I am currently doing...

come up with the effects...
and then workshop the methods...

very satisfying...

and trust me, you will come up with something DYNAMITE and ORIGINAL
xxx
Rosemary
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Rosemary
That's what I try... I dream of effects... and then the methods don't come... and then I dream of effects again... Actually, I don't even want to do many effects. I just want to be original in how and why. That's more difficult than it seems. For me, at least !
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
So why the support for Mr.Grey?

;)

your colors show and you know how to hide em...
xxx
Rosemary
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Rosemary
Because I'm a dreamer and I respect somebody who actually goes out there and tries stuff. I only perform a couple of times a year. I have no personal sympathy for Grey...
And,mr. Richard, are we getting hostile again. You waste your time. I was bored today... and I feel like I wasted my time replying to all kinds of accusations.
I won't post again after this evening (at least, for a while). So you can pester Gray with accusing him of being me. I won't care a bit...
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Rosemary...

you have made me smile...
xxx
Rosemary
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Rosemary
That means you got the joke right...
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
You say you are a writer.

If you wrote a book and I copied it and sold it as my own, would you respect me for trying?

- entity
Rosemary
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Rosemary
I don't write books... But it wouldn't be like that anyway. It would be more like copying pieces of the book and putting it in the schoolpaper. That, I wouldn't mind.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
What do you write?

And Grey's show wasn't billed as a show for his school. It was billed as a professional production in a professional theatre for the general public.

- entity
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
It's possible to copy pieces of several different books, that way not many would notice and you didn't write a single word yourself.

But who cares as long you are the one editing it, right?
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
You wouldn't mind my taking your writing and publishing it elsewhere as my own, without crediting you?

Is that what you teach your students?

- entity
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I think we are seeing blindfolded posts Smile - the topic is about blindfold effects - guys, get your own thread!

Blindfolds - well, here is something you might want to try - get the Berglas Book and see the amazing publicity stunt he did with it. It involves a lot more than blindfolds - but shows the potential of such an effect taking to the beyond the extreme!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
All very interesting folks, but a bit off topic.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Sorry. Rosemary, please resond in pm or on the Grey the new Brown thread.

- entity
Richard71
View Profile
New user
Cheshire, UK
54 Posts

Profile of Richard71
The politics and hidden agenda is all lost on me, isn't this about blindfolds?

Rich
Rosemary
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Rosemary
I give up. I really do.
Bye
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
The topic does fit, what we are seeing (pardon the pun) is a group of people with thier own personal blinders on. Like a mentalist with a blindfold, peeks provide limited vision, a narrowness of scope, and sometimes no clear vision at all resulting in going off in an unfortunate direction.

At least this is what I see, but the coins, tape, and mask may be obscuring my vision.

Tony
Traveler
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Traveler
Applause to you, Tony...
as for the remark on Berglas... He's one of the truly greats in our art and I keep on being amazed by what he has achieved...
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Mark Salem also uses a blindfold to great effect.

But I guess many routines can be bolstered by using a blindfold as well.

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Blindfold routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL