The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Walk around costume (gorrilla with man, etc) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
I am pretty sure there was a thread about this before, but I can't find it or the costume. I've found a few pictures of folks wearing them, but I had found a site selling them before. Anyone point me to one?

Thanks
Jim
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Hi Jim,

Try http://www.buycostumes.com I'm pretty sure they used to have them.

http://www.fantasycostume.net also list them on their site.

All the best,

Rob
mrmystic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
200 Posts

Profile of mrmystic
Here is what you are looking for
http://www.stagecraftinc.com/htmlFile/TPWI.html
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Now that is cool!!!

Mark. Smile
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
YES! Thanks, I knew someone would know it.

There is a pretty cool costume with a similar idea that is on the site that RJE posted as well.

Now if I get one, I just have to figure out how to do a quick change from me holding a vent type gorilla puppet, to the puppet holding me!

Thanks again
Jim
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Jim, here's an idea. Maybe you could do it in reverse. Start with the gorilla holding you and have a really funny, startled look like something is really wrong here.

Have the gorilla drag (carry) you offstage, have a loud bang sound from one of those big elephant guns or something, change costumes quickly and come back with you now holding the gorilla puppet.

You can say something like, "Ahhh...now that's more like it" and go on into your act. You can also create lines that show you now keeping the gorilla in line, that you're the boss, etc...

Mark. Smile
mrmystic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
200 Posts

Profile of mrmystic
Having two of these costumes, it is much quicker to get out of them, then into them. Still that is a long delay for the swich.
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
How do you like them? Is there room in the head area for some light weight additions?

Maybe some LEDs or a remote thread reel?
mrmystic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
200 Posts

Profile of mrmystic
I made one of mine, so I could put anything I want in it. But remember the heads on them are behind you, so they would be hard to control unless you have them on automatic.
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
I'd be interested in your experience in making one. Was the effort worth the savings etc?
mrmystic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
200 Posts

Profile of mrmystic
I made a garbage can man one out of an old snowsuit and a plastic garbage can. Not very hard at all.

Click here to view attached image.
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
That's really neat!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Walk around costume (gorrilla with man, etc) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL