The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Colin Fry (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sak07
View Profile
New user
Stirling/Manchester UK
54 Posts

Profile of sak07
I saw his TV show sixth sense yesterday and was left questioning my belief system. As someone with a little knowledge of cold reading techniques I am often very sceptical when it comes to mediums, faith healers etc. But having watched Fry I am convinced something beyond explanation is going on. It cannot possibly be cold reading because he is so exact in his comments and seems to know fairly private things about the subjects. I was wondering if anyone else has seen him and what you think. All I can think to explain it is that there is alot of 'editing' going on to eliminate his failings. If he is a cold reader, he's very good at it.
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
Gain a little knowledge of warm, and also Hot reading, this may or may not clear things up. I have never seen his shows, but would take a guess, and say he's fooling us.

John Eddington
mowog
View Profile
New user
Wales, UK
12 Posts

Profile of mowog
I've watched many of his TV shows on UKLiving over the last few months. With my only limited knowledge of cold reading techniques it is clear that this forms the basis of Colin's approach. Add to that some warm reading (bear in mind that a studio audience is selected and entertained prior to the filming)and some clever editing for TV it could look like miracle psychic powers.

He is a very good exponent of CR and better in my view than John Edwards on Crossing Over.

Next time, watch and listen very carefully. Look for the lucky guesses and forking he uses and how phrases 'questions'.

Darren
Lee Davies
View Profile
Regular user
Derby, England
136 Posts

Profile of Lee Davies
Quote:
On 2003-01-08 12:53, mowog wrote:
I've watched many of his TV shows on UKLiving over the last few months. With my only limited knowledge of cold reading techniques it is clear that this forms the basis of Colin's approach. Add to that some warm reading (bear in mind that a studio audience is selected and entertained prior to the filming)and some clever editing for TV it could look like miracle psychic powers.

He is a very good exponent of CR and better in my view than John Edwards on Crossing Over.

Next time, watch and listen very carefully. Look for the lucky guesses and forking he uses and how phrases 'questions'.

Darren

I couldn't have put it better myself Darren! From his persona he's a real pro and has been on the circuit for years.
I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand...
wiggys
View Profile
Regular user
UK
104 Posts

Profile of wiggys
I thought Fry was awful, John Edwards was much better IMO.

Did anyone see the Kilroy episode about psychics and healers yesterday (Wednesday 8th)?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Colin Fry (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL