The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Tricky topsy bottles 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
I use the Confusing crayons and pulled out my topsy turvy bottles from years ago.
When I was a kid, the bottles were one of the first effects I owned and I kept them all these years.
I think I stopped using them back then due to their look of BEER and the fact they were glass.
I pulled them out and said, "Hey, these look like peppermint sticks and will go great in my Christmas show." I do not know why I did not use them for that reason before but now feel I will be using them every holiday.

One of my biggest issues with this effect was the thick cardboard gimmick. In a house party, while I do not remember it happening, you could tell that the gimmick was not glass if left exposed too long. Also the edge is more visible when showing the tube empty due to the extra thickness.

Do the newer sets have a metal or a plastic gimmick that might have some bottle SHINE to it and be thinner when showing the tube empty?

If so, what company is making or selling a higher quality set?

Thanks
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Grant's Tricky Bottles uses a thin, metal gimmick that is as shiny as the bottles.
They have been around for years and most magic shops should carry them; they're only a little bit more expensive than the cardboard ones (or were when I bought mine).
mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
Thank you. That sounds better.
Have you seen the bowling pin version? With the curve in the pin, it seems like the effect would be more deceptive. I have only seen it advertised and not seen it performed.
I would be disappointed if the gimmick does not match the pin and was straight.
Anyone seen this one up close?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Tricky topsy bottles 2 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL