The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Baby Stinky (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sandstar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Sandstar
Is anyone familiar with this wonderful puppet and has anyone structured an effect around it? I'm working on one now.
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Hello Sandstar

Gordon Astley who acted as the Butler at our 'Hammer Family' nights used to use 'stinky'. During the latter part of the evening he would carry the baby and introduce it as 'Baby Hammer', then ask one of the female guests to hold it for him and then suddenly reveal it's face. It always caused a scream and then a laugh. However I have never heard of a 'routine' using the baby.

Best of luck, if it can be done it would be a unique effect indeed.

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
About twenty years ago when I was a bartender,I used to alway's carry Baby Stinky in the trunk of my car.
I would wait until the opportune time when it was about 98 degrees outside....When I would get some older female guests...I would act like I forgot about my kid in the car.
The usual scenario was the ladies would begin chastising me..."Are you crazy?...you left a child in your car in this heat"...yada yada.

I would rush out to my car and return with Baby Stinky.[I also had a small tape player and a great cassette of a baby crying]
The women would be going nuts..."you should call 911 etc."{The locals were in on it and would just sit there].
So the baby would be crying,and would finally 'burp' and stop crying,at which time I would turn the baby around and reveal the face to much laughter and screaming.
At the time this was quite hilarious.The cassette was a marketed item,but I don't know if it is still available.
I don't think this qualifies as a routine,but it mighy give you a couple of ideas.

I just remembered the tape also had a segment of the baby sucking on her bottle.{I used a tiny baby bottle]

So the tape format was:Crying...then sucking sounds on the bottle...then quiet...then a loud burp...and crying again.

It was a lot of laughs. Smile

Rich
Sandstar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Sandstar
Thanks to both of you for those great stories. I have such a perverse sense of humor that I have always loved the response to Stinky. Several times I have given him as a birthday gift to friends. As far as a routine is concerned, I think that a Stinky version of John Archer's Collared (based on the Koran medallion concept) would be absolutely hilarious. The idea would be that this is a Goth baby with his own dog collar. But he has no name yet and the audience needs to name him. That's the jist of Archer's great routine. He uses a stuffed dog. John told me that Collared is soon to be released by Alakazam.
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Though a bit more expensive, I think I prefer Its Alive.
http://www.frightcatalog.com/Halloween-P......gn=champ

Dave
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Ooh...What a pretty lil thing that is...
I would love it and squeeze it and name it George...
Thanks for the link Dave!
Gwyd
Sandstar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Sandstar
Yeah, I've seen It's Alive before. It's pretty cool, but my vote still goes to Stinky. I don't know why, but for me there's just something particularly vile and hilarious about BS. It's Alive looks a bit too Hollywood.
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Interesting site...
Thank you....I keep the addres, I m sure will need this someday.

CC
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2007-01-24 05:41, PaleoMagi wrote:
About twenty years ago when I was a bartender,I used to alway's carry Baby Stinky in the trunk of my car.
I would wait until the opportune time when it was about 98 degrees outside....When I would get some older female guests...I would act like I forgot about my kid in the car.
The usual scenario was the ladies would begin chastising me..."Are you crazy?...you left a child in your car in this heat"...yada yada.

I would rush out to my car and return with Baby Stinky.[I also had a small tape player and a great cassette of a baby crying]
The women would be going nuts..."you should call 911 etc."{The locals were in on it and would just sit there].
So the baby would be crying,and would finally 'burp' and stop crying,at which time I would turn the baby around and reveal the face to much laughter and screaming.
At the time this was quite hilarious.The cassette was a marketed item,but I don't know if it is still available.
I don't think this qualifies as a routine,but it mighy give you a couple of ideas.

I just remembered the tape also had a segment of the baby sucking on her bottle.{I used a tiny baby bottle]

So the tape format was:Crying...then sucking sounds on the bottle...then quiet...then a loud burp...and crying again.

It was a lot of laughs. Smile

Rich

Classic.....Smile
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
It's Alive is wicked! I just flashed on the image of trying to board a plane with that little precious tot. A babe in arms. HA!

As for baby stinky, I have not heard of this puppet. However, David Ginn did one called "Computer Baby" that was similar to this. It was a mini cassette player that wore a little diaper. It cried, laughed, made sucking noises when fed a bottle, and burped on cue. Really funny and always good for a laugh.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Baby Stinky (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL