The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Star Trick: Mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Title: Star Trick
Medium: Routine
Arena: mentalism
Available: Any shop, Mentalism Unlimited, distributed by Murphys Magic.

I think when performing for teens or adults that mentalism is a great addition to a stand up show. It is also great to be able to get the audience to participate in the fun and feel on the inside for a moment, this routine is perfect for those shows. This is the effect:

A spectator joins you on stage and you pull out a poster (made of very tough material like is used for survival maps not normal paper) that has hundreds of photos of celebrities, major and minor, photo’s and their names, one photo is of a cute girl and her name is given as ‘celebrity’, I loved that! The spec is shown all the photos and you give them a sticky tab and they are told to reach behind their back and stick it to the poster where ever they want and that will be the selection which the spec will then think of. Now rather than you, the magician, determining the photo you turn to the audience to do the hard work. The audience concentrates and then when you ask them the vast majority will have read the specs mind and will shout out the name of the celeb!

This is a completely thought out routine and all aspects of it are covered and, dang it, it is very creative. I can’t imagine the time that went into just preparing this routine to meet their needs but I have used it in shows and it was very well received. The audience loved participating and thought it was a cool trick and I actually received a booking based on it. I only had one odd problem with this and that was because the spectator decided to think of a celebrity not pictured. Turned out he was mentally challenged and while he kept saying he understood what was happening had no clue and he thought of a comic character, in this case the audience still guessed right. Comes with everything you need to perform and again the poster is made of tough material that will last many, many, performances.

The serious mentalist may not be interested in this except for a comedy interlude, I’d do it if I was a mentalist, but this is perfect for the stand up magician. This wouldn’t work for a kids show but would for the parents at the show. I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed this and it couldn’t pack any flatter or play bigger!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks for that extensive review Magic Santa. Smile
JKing
View Profile
New user
Tampa, FL
53 Posts

Profile of JKing
Great review, and having just received the prop..I can say it looks even better than I thought it would. Larry and Lee keep coming up with winners... I thought Postal was great too.
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
I have one for sale, if anyone is interested ...
Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Star Trick: Mentalism (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL