The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Nothing grinder/balloon in tube - are these still available? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
I don't know if there is another name for this effect, but Mark Strivings calls it the nothing grinder on his video. A balloon is blown up inside a tube (looks like an empty coffe can), a couple of spikes are inserted without the balloon popping, then the balloon is popped at the end of the effect. Is this still available, and if so, does anyone know where? Ron Reid had a nice one that he refurbished, but I wasn't able to pick it up at the time. Thanks -

Bill
Cliff G
View Profile
Loyal user
Madrid - Spain
297 Posts

Profile of Cliff G
Check out http://www.practical-magic.com/ - in the children's section - the effect is called Knitty Knitty Bang Bang.

I don't know Mark's routine, but this one is a Do AS I DO effect

It plays really well for me!
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Bill, it sounds like you're talking about "Spikes Through Balloon" which works the same way as Knitty Knitty Bang Bang, but isn't interactive, with a kid helping. I think KKBB is far superior because of this, and it makes the kid out to be the clever one, not you!
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
KKBB sounds great, I will order that. Thanks for the info -

Bill
Mark Strivings
View Profile
V.I.P.
290 Posts

Profile of Mark Strivings
Hi guys,

The prop I use is indeed the Spikes Through Balloon and the routine is based on the Roy Kissell routine from Kid Stuff Five (Magic Inc.). KKBB is indeed the same principle but most likely would not work for the routine I use because of the way it is constructed. My routine is on my video "Get More Out Of Your Magic" (available at http://www.floraco.com) and briefly mentioned in my book "The Anatomy of a Successful (and Virtually Bullet-Proof) Magic Show". Hope this helps.

Mark Strivings
Mark Strivings is the owner of the largest all-mentalism mail order supply business in the world, "Mental Connections", carrying materials not available anywhere else. For complete info, drop Mark a line at MarkyApril@aol.com
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
A trick called "Balloon Penetration" is available for only $4.49 at the gag.
You blow a balloon up in a black tube and you can stick two pencils through the tube and the balloon won't break.

http://www.thegag.com/a5050.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Nothing grinder/balloon in tube - are these still available? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL