The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » New Event at Winter Carnival of Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Excaliber
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Excaliber
BDC if you have smoke in those cigars , you could get destroyed by the judges like I did a few weeks ago at Magi Fest when I did my AWARD winning cigarette act.
how ever if you want them to smoke I got you answer, call me for details, It is the same basis I used when I did not light th CIGS
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Scot,

How'd your late night event go? I don't think I saw that part answered here!
Mike
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Hey Mike,

It was good. Friday night we had a round robin and some of the young guys, Andy Still and my son Christian, set up and performed Gut Buster that Andy had just bought at our auction. Chastain Criswell did some neat stuff, as well as Brent Braun (I think that is the name). James Schwab and Barry Rice had some nice card work, and Jeremy Akal Krau did some nice coin work. But the KILLER performance was by Joshua Jay. I can't say enough about that guy. He is great to book for a convention. He performed an effect with a story that was incredible. Later on, Stephen Bargatze and Kohl performed some things.

You ought to show up next year and pitch in!

See ya,

Scott
Saturday night was slower. There were some private parties that night, but it was fun.
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Sounds awesome. Due to a hectic work schedule, I couldn't attend this year... but I'm looking to come next year!!! I've heard ONLY good things about this year, so I'm sure next year will only be better...

And, btw, if no one has ever heard of James Schwab (I don't know the guy personally) that guy is getting really good... I've watched him compete in a few close-up competitions, and he's only got better. Wish I could've seen him!
Mike
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Personally I had a great time at the convention.

There were only two small areas that I did not like.
I also had a problem with the lighting, Blues and Reds do not do justice to the acts that were there. Spot was too dim.

Second the judging for the adult stage had some very weird scoring. Kyle the Great had a most wonderfully funny act. Two of the judges gave him a perfect score for entertainment and the other judge gave him just 60% of a perfect score. But as others have said it's no telling what a particular judge will do (this one obviously didn't like comedy magic). Maybe a audience member or two should have been included and I always believe that you should throw out high / low to help balance out someones preferences.

Please do not let these small criticisms lead one to believe that the convention was anything but top notch.

The acts booked mostly lived up to the billing and the dealers area had a great mix of products.

A very well run convention that I look forward to attending in the future.

James Adamson
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
I too have been to conventions where a guy is doing an effect that uses something that needs to be hidden by blue light, and WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to low of light is used...

ah well.
Mike
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
Quote:
On 2007-03-10 19:58, James Adamson wrote:
Personally I had a great time at the convention.

There were only two small areas that I did not like.
I also had a problem with the lighting, Blues and Reds do not do justice to the acts that were there. Spot was too dim.

Second the judging for the adult stage had some very weird scoring. Kyle the Great had a most wonderfully funny act. Two of the judges gave him a perfect score for entertainment and the other judge gave him just 60% of a perfect score. But as others have said it's no telling what a particular judge will do (this one obviously didn't like comedy magic). Maybe a audience member or two should have been included and I always believe that you should throw out high / low to help balance out someones preferences.

Please do not let these small criticisms lead one to believe that the convention was anything but top notch.

The acts booked mostly lived up to the billing and the dealers area had a great mix of products.

A very well run convention that I look forward to attending in the future.

James Adamson

James...you're making me blush Smile
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
JeffWampler
View Profile
Regular user
Bristol, TN
191 Posts

Profile of JeffWampler
Sounds like all went well at the WCM. I HATE I missed it! Next year some time should free up for me and I can make it back.

Scot, I've not heard from ya in a while. Keep in touch. Tell all the kids in Knoxville Jeff says "hey!".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » New Event at Winter Carnival of Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL