The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Circus Of The Scars (A MUST!) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I just noticed that, what in my opinion is, the best showbiz book EVER written is still available and on the site of sideshow legend and master Tim Cridland. (Zamora)
Anyone in this business will find this book not only facinating and beautifully written but a hell of a story that is about us all. Written by Jan Gregor (and Tim Cridland) Circus Of The Scars is a book I can't recommend highly enough. It's an ultimate page turner from the first to the stunning and surprising conclusion. I originally wrote a review of this for Circus Report (I think the review is now on SideShowWorld.com)and after a bunch of years it remains the absolute best book I ever read hands down. I'm pleased it's still available and can point you to it. http://www.mindandmatter.net/sys-tmpl/st......ID=10007
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
I have to agree 100% with you on that stellar endorsement Doug. I picked up this book on a whim some time ago and ended up burning through it in a few evenings (staying up till the wee hours of the night eagerly devouring every tiny morsel it had to offer). I second your endorsement and cannot recommend this book enough to anyone that is taking or considering taking the dark path of the art we have all come to love.
Rappel
View Profile
Veteran user
Memphis Tn.
303 Posts

Profile of Rappel
Hey Doug,
I have not read Circus of the Scars but will soon. My favorite is Memoirs of a Sword Swallower. Your thoughts on this book?

Rappel
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Hi Rappel...I really enjoyed MOASS ALOT!...he's a good writer that Dan Mannix! My favorite by him was "We Who Are About To Die..." A fantastic look at the ancient Roman Gladatorial combats. Another must. Find it!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Circus Of The Scars (A MUST!) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL