The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mitox - new book by Uk Mentalist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Quote:
On 2013-02-23 15:05, phillsmiff wrote:
Just to tide you over, the ebook from my Confessions interview with Ken: http://www.phillsmiff.com/confessions/

Whoa whoa whoa.... don't be giving away the good stuff!

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
I'm not giving it away Dave, it's a tenner ;-)

Vincent: ref. the effects:
Letters of note is an effect that is designed to feel like an organic moment of mind reading where you point at someone in the audience and describe in remarkable detail something that they have on their person, in a way that is rich with meaning and that *implies* that something far more remarkable has happened. The method is nothing terribly exciting but the actual plot for the effect is a killer, and I use it as a framework to explain my verbal ambigram approach to scripting this kind of effect.

Atypical hybrid is an expansion of Atypical from Mitox, with a completely different method and a much more approachable presentation. Under the guise of showing someone from the audience what it feels like to conduct your experiments on stage you give them three sealed envelopes and have them describe the contents without seeing them - they are remarkably accurate apart from in one detail, which soon turns out to be an even more spectacular hit.

Although they are listed as 2nd tier pieces the two smaller effects each have something to them, four snowflakes has already got some great feedback and The Beard contains what I think is a nice bit of scripting that highlights the logical impossibility of our kind of prediction (although you probably won't like the effect itself)

Phill
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Just a little tiny note to say that Mitox, Yokai and Mokele are back in print now and available as dead-tree-editions for those of us who prefer such things.

Phill
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mitox - new book by Uk Mentalist (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL