The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Conjuring Anthology (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nola
View Profile
New user
Nyack, NY
42 Posts

Profile of nola
I just wanted to say that none of you should purchase The Conjuring Anthology by Jim Steinmeyer. It's worthless and not FILLED TO THE BRIM WITH EXCELLENT USEABLE MAGIC THAT NO ONE IS DOING. The 516 pages of lessons and illusions are not for you. Stay away from this book. Just because J.S. has taken the Conjuring column from Magic magazine and expanded and revised them with easy to read simple to understand magic with easy to follow plot lines and STRONG ART is no reason to waste your time. DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK. In fact, I am so against this book that I think I'll burn mine...yeah that's the ticket...I'll burn it...now where did I put that audience...er...I mean blowtorch!

nola
Zap
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Zap
Yes, for example, I doubt anyone would be interested in an IMPROMPTU torn and restored newspaper effect.
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Nola,

I would gladly alleviate your miseries by allowing the utilization of my incinerator to rid you of this book. I understand the hardship so I'll even pay the dreaded shipping cost to have it shipped to me so you will not incur any further costs by possessing it.

My offer of generosity will not last, so PM me now Smile.

Bosco
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Yes, and Jim's 3 or 4 ruminations on the Mene-Tekal deck aren't the best I've ever read for that particular prop anywhere....ever.....like I've never even read anything even close to one of them, the one with the big book....
nola
View Profile
New user
Nyack, NY
42 Posts

Profile of nola
Ah thanks for the offer usendmee, alas I prefer to torture myself with the offending tome for sometime.
montemagic
View Profile
Elite user
San Diego, CA
471 Posts

Profile of montemagic
I just finished reading this, and it has opened my eyes to some wonderful ideas. There is a lot of great information in here; I especially like the cheap, practical headline predictions. Well worth the money invested.
Aim To Amaze
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
No it's not. It's NOT worth the money to purchase it. Everyone would do well to keep going and pass this one by! Invest in something else. You won't find anything in it to do.

Mark. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Conjuring Anthology (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL