The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Thumb Tips Greatest Hits (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-06-30 15:53, ragingcalm wrote:
Christopher,
Would you be kind enough to advise me whether DeCova's dvd should be a first port of call or whether the WGM's dvd is better. I've heard great reviews of DeCova's work, and comments on his highly innovative uses of the thumb tip.

DeCova's DVD is an evolution of this wonderful device. I would get many resources in your magical education. From there YOU can make the best decision on what works for you.

That being said, DeCova's DVD is a must have for everyone. He is, a genius in Magic.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
While not asked I'll just say as a first port o' call I'd go with the L and L only because it shows you what is often done with the TT. The DeCova is outstanding but for more obscure uses.
ragingcalm
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of ragingcalm
Thanks to both Christopher and Magic Santa.

I'm inclined to go for the LL dvd as a first port of a call.

I too have had a TT lying around for several years but have never actually used it (intended to use with a bill in lemon/bill in kiwi routine that I never took the time to master). I'm familiar with it's use in billet/dollar switches, cigarette and silk routines (Scott Alexander's Sense of colour is lovely) but always enjoy seeing more than a single magician's presentation style on a dvd and have a feeling that the routines and effects on the LL dvd may be more suitable for my purposes (more suitable to close up work/cleaner effects in terms of whether other equipment apparatus is required for the effects/ is likely to be easily obtained in situ (??)).
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
They use it for all kinds of interesting things, watch it then figure what you want to use with it.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
I thought Paul Wilson's routine was by far the best on this DVD.
Worth getting just for his routine.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2007-03-16 13:04, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Paul Wilson's 'Tipless" is worth the pice of the DVD. Brilliant thinking by this fellow.

No surprise coming from Paul Wilson. I love the way he thinks about magic. He's quite a clever guy... His gypsy monte (From Knock 'Em Dead) is THE best version of the Color Monte. Period.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Thumb Tips Greatest Hits (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL