The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Magnetic coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jim Salabim
View Profile
Loyal user
Skien, Norway
240 Posts

Profile of Jim Salabim
Quote:
On 2007-02-13 17:57, CAROLINI wrote:
Speaking of magnets, have a look at http://www.engconcepts.net.

That link doesn't work. But this one does:

http://www.engconcepts.net/
rpierce
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire - USA
1220 Posts

Profile of rpierce
I just received my steel core quarter, and I also have Black's PK Ring as well as the Wizard. Neither is strong enough to grab the quarter either thru glass or a table. I am now going to order a magnetic quarter, hoping that this will solve the problem. Anyone else have any thoughts or experiences on this?
Sabrina
View Profile
New user
Dallas, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of Sabrina
Quote:
On 2007-02-24 16:53, rpierce wrote:
I just received my steel core quarter, and I also have Black's PK Ring as well as the Wizard. Neither is strong enough to grab the quarter either thru glass or a table. I am now going to order a magnetic quarter, hoping that this will solve the problem. Anyone else have any thoughts or experiences on this?

A "magnet" coin should work much better. There may be some clinking in the glass as the magnets align their poles.

Be careful to not buy a "magnetic" coin without checking for sure that they have a neodymium magnet inside. Some sellers call their steel core coins magnetic.
mydogripper
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
182 Posts

Profile of mydogripper
I use a Kennedy half magnetic from schoolcraft... excellcent coin
http://www.MerrittAmbrose.com
2011 Greater Atlanta Magician of the Year
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
Ecuador, which has as its currency the U.S. Dollar, mints its own half Dollar size coins which are attracted to magnets.

José
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
My brain ain't so big so when I needed a quarter what would stick ta metal jar lids, I just went online and bought a quarter what sticks ta metal jar lids.I got it about 3 years ago from Daytona Magic. Theys callin it a magnetic quarter. I think they done magnatized it er sumthin some ways.They gots others which works oppisite aways wheres ya needs a magnet for the quarter ta be stuck.Looks purty normal though so's ya could fool afeller with it I suppose.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Quote:
On 2007-03-22 16:05, manal wrote:
My brain ain't so big so when I needed a quarter what would stick ta metal jar lids, I just went online and bought a quarter what sticks ta metal jar lids.I got it about 3 years ago from Daytona Magic. Theys callin it a magnetic quarter. I think they done magnatized it er sumthin some ways.They gots others which works oppisite aways wheres ya needs a magnet for the quarter ta be stuck.Looks purty normal though so's ya could fool afeller with it I suppose.

Please excuse the above post as I was just this morning overexposed to Woofle Dust.I think I better switch to a rabbits foot.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Magnetic coins (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL