The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Great News! - Reprint of Five Times Five Japan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Thanks a lot of the input msc455magic. Smile - It seems I forgot some of the magicians in this book. Smile

Btw, for those of you that know to read Mandarin, try to secure a new copy of Lu-Chen (Taiwanese magician) which detailed Hiro Sakai as well as other Japanese magicians. Check it out!

Best,
Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
I found the following on the Genii Forum... from Mr. Kaufman regarding New Magic of Japan

"I am considering a reprint. But it's not enough for just 100 or 200 people to want it--it doesn't pay to reprint it if that's the case.
But I'm giving it serious thought! "

Best,
msc455magic
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I belive Five Times Five Japan will be reprinted when I see it.
Richard is busy man as editor for Genii, and also writing the long awaited second book in the Larry Jennings triology.
We will just wait and see.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Only if his words were as true as when he promised us the reprints of the Dingle, Hamman, Lavand, Roth books... Honestly at the bottom of my heart, I don't want this book to be reprinted, although it will be beneficial for the people that are really interested in it.

Sometimes gold is better kept beneath the ground rather than being passed around.

Best,
msc455magic
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Maybe a mass pre-order will push things?
Cards never lie
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Maybe Hiro Sakai should consider publishing a book of his own......now that would very quickly vanish from dealers shelves.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
3362 Posts

Sung,
any additional news?
Cards never lie
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
That's great! One question: Only card magic?

Regards,

Mesquita
"Siempre somos tres me acompaña la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
It's all close up... things vary from cards to coins to bills to matchbooks to rubber bands to miscellaneous.

Not only is the material excellent, the book offers a wide variety of close up magic. This book gets my highest recommendation.

Best,
msc455magic
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Quote:
On 2007-02-15 10:02, msc455magic wrote:
It's all close up... things vary from cards to coins to bills to matchbooks to rubber bands to miscellaneous.

Not only is the material excellent, the book offers a wide variety of close up magic. This book gets my highest recommendation.

Best,
msc455magic

Thanks msc455magic! I will wait the reprint!

All the best,

Mesquita
"Siempre somos tres me acompaña la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
ritty360
View Profile
Elite user
McKinney, Texas
405 Posts

Profile of ritty360
Explain to me why this book is so great.
jimi2040
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
62 Posts

Profile of jimi2040
I haven't got the book myself so I won't be able to make a direct judgement. However from the records of people who already have a copy of this book, they all say that this is a great book with materials that are different to other books.

Check out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpvhdVPHO88

It has some of the effects that are listed in the book.

Sung
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
The reason that makes this book so good and different is it's unique plots that are uncommon in many magic literatures these days. Even though there are not a lot of groundbreaking sleights, the "out-of-the-box" thinking completely compensates for it. If you are looking for technical sleight of hand magic, look elsewhere, but if you are looking for unique effects and "a fresh new look at magic," this book is a must.

Best,
msc455magic
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I had the chance to buy this at a convention a couple years ago for just £20!!! Roughly $40, maybe just less, but I hadn't heard too much about it. So I bought Wesley James 'Enchantments'. I love Enchantments, such a great book packed full of great effects. Though, I can still can that book pretty much anywhere now at a reasonable price, whereas this book...i can't, so for me, I hope they do a reprint, but if they don't, I'm sure I will eventually get my hands on one
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
jimi2040
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
62 Posts

Profile of jimi2040
I've just got two copies of Five Times Five Japan (accidently by bidding at two places simultaneously...TT). If anyone wants it, I am willing to sell it for $130 + postage and packaging (the price I bought the book at). Please PM me if you are interested.

Sung
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
A
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Quote:
On 2007-02-15 23:11, jimi2040 wrote:
(accidently by bidding at two places simultaneously...TT

LOL
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
3362 Posts

Hm, the reprint will come . . let us hope so.
Cards never lie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Great News! - Reprint of Five Times Five Japan (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL