The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Can we convince Hiro Sakai to publish a book? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
I mentioned something about this before in another topic but I thought I'd post this as a topic on it's own. Hiro Sakai of Japan is known for some fantastic effects but unfortunately his lecture notes are extremely limited and in some cases unless you read Japanese they won't mean anything to most people. So, it brings the question......can we convince Hiro Sakai to publish his material? To my knowledge he has never published a text (I might be wrong here) but if you've ever read the limited effects he has released in other texts you would definitely buy his book. Any ideas or thoughts to share?
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
You might try calling the major wholesalers and ask them for a ball-park commitment of copies that they'd estimate they would sell....and let Hiro have that information. Couldn't hurt.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
I would definitely buy a copy of his book if he plans to publish one!!

Best,
msc455magic
Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
While we're at it, can someone convince Hideo Kato to write a book on his thoughts on Card magic.

He has some of the most thoughtful posts.
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
I would like to see more of Kato's stuff in print as well.

Best,
msc455magic
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
His book, Kato on Estimation, is available from Lybrary.com, and is a very worthwhile read. I would love to see more of Kato-san's work translated, and perhaps a "best of" volume of the magazine he published.
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Yes, Hiroyuki Sakai is a creative genius. If I am not mistaken, he is regarded as Doctor of Magic Diploma by F.F.F.F. Smile - Looking forward his stuffs in print.

Andrew

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Another person worthy of mention is Kuniyasu Fujiwara who, incidentally, is also one of the magicians from 5x5 Japan... I am a BIG fan of his!

I just found out that Sakai published a lot of magic in Japanese. Many items that appeared in Genii (ie: Tokyo Penetration) also appeared in his Japanese lecture notes/books. There are of course other stuff too!

Best,
msc455magic
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
I have Hiroyuki Sakai's magic book which a magic friend of mine sent to me, it was very interesting to see Hiro in the book and luckily I learned some Japanese. Smile - The production of the book is marvellous.

I think if we have enough magician supporting, I think we can convince Hiro to release some of his materials in English.

Andrew

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Can we convince Hiro Sakai to publish a book? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL