The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Which Rubberbands do you use? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Maestro
View Profile
Special user
802 Posts

Profile of Maestro
I was recently practicing "They Joining" Smile with rubber bands around the house , but I noticed that they all seemed to break after about the 2nd time I tried it (I think they were all really old). I am soon going to head out and buy some more rubber bands, and I wanted to know what brand and where all of you purchased your rubberbands.

I am looking for some fairly thin, very elastic rubber bands. Is there a special kind you always get, or do most of them work fine?

Thanks!
martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
562 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
Maestro:

This topic has been discussed before. I think if you do a search, you will find a numeber of helpful posts.

I use the Elite Rubber Bands that are sold by Camirand Academy of Magic. They are pricey, but they are the best I have ever worked with. Also, you might want to check out Alliance Pale Crepe Gold Rubber Bands. I use Size 19 which I find ideal for Crazy Man's Handcuffs.

-Marty
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
You might want to try Dan Harlan's rubber band video tapes. He does explain many different rountines and what sizes to use. Now he sells packs of rubber bands also.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
I aagree with Dynamike that Dan Harlan has many good routines on rubberbands. Get the tape or dvd with Mark Fitzgeralds's back together on it.
Mickey Cohen
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Mickey Cohen
I perform my own version based on Cris Kenners Missing Link. I purchase the color assortment bag at Kinkos. The yellow bands I've found do not dry out quickly and stretch deceptively thin making a double band invisible even when viewed just inches away.
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
"Elite?" What do you pay for those?
I've been using #19s from the stationary store. $2.50 gets me about 1000 of them and I've never had a problem with them.
Maestro
View Profile
Special user
802 Posts

Profile of Maestro
Thanks for the tip ixnay66. I was sort of hoping I could find some good ones at a local store.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I have been using some from the multi color pack at Safeways in the school supplys section. Work fine for me. One thing with the colored packs is to stretch them real well before using or they wont work like they are supposed to.$1.49 for 50.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
khuber
View Profile
Regular user
SLC Utah
125 Posts

Profile of khuber
Like everybody else, I use #19. They wor great for crazy man handcuffs Smile
Drew from Spotlight
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
124 Posts

Profile of Drew from Spotlight
Usually I buy my bands at Staples or Office Max (or whatever major office supply store is by you). I look for the #19 bands first. If they are sold out I have no problem getting the #16. I always have a few on my wrist because they don’t last forever – no matter what the brand.

By the way you might consider learning whatever band routine you do with several different types of sizes. My CMH has been openly challenged to be done with those double wide bands. You can’t be as maneuverable with those bands but it can be done.

Drew
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Which Rubberbands do you use? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL