The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Starting out.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
The worst advice Ive heard so far on this hypnosis section is practice on your friends and family and make mistakes.The best advice is get proper training..

It really is.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Out of curiosity, where did you train mindpunisher, and do you have a name besides your Café tag?

Just wondering,
Jerome.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Minpunisher is my real name....i was born with it tattooed on to my butt.

Were you tattooed with yours?
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Let me propose something here . . . people who claim to be performers, and yet will not offer up their REAL names hold NO water here.

Where did you train? That was the question.

If your attitude reflects your user name, I feel bad for your audience and participants.

Hold onto your armchairs!

-Jerome Finley.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Jeesh, this thread is headed in 100 different directions!
Can we please stay on topic? Thanks.

Anyways, thanks for the help with the books guys. I'll have a look in the library.. But anything you guys would recomend? Should I still get the Ormand Stage Hypnosis book? Although its outdated, I'm sure the material in it still applies to what can be done today. Will I benefit from reading it?

Thanks, and please, if anyone has any issues, use PM.
-Vinnie
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Have you ever considered that mindpunisher might be aimed at certain people and practices on here rather than an audience? The truth sometimes hurts but heals in the long run.
joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
Sometimes I wonder why I waste my time here. After saying what I just said I'm sure some doofus will come back and have something to say about that... and probably about calling someone a doofus!

This ALWAYS happens.

Someone disagrees with someone else and the poor guy who started the topic is left with a bunch of guys getting their feelings hurt.

Danny, is this really something you'd like to pursue (i.e. what's more theatrical?)?

Because if it is, Chris and I will win. I alone have over 700 hypnosis perfromance and God knows how many Chris has.

This is STUPID!!

I'm done!

Josh London
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Whats a doofus?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2007-04-18 01:32, joshlondon17 wrote:
Sometimes I wonder why I waste my time here. After saying what I just said I'm sure some doofus will come back and have something to say about that... and probably about calling someone a doofus!

This ALWAYS happens.

Someone disagrees with someone else and the poor guy who started the topic is left with a bunch of guys getting their feelings hurt.

Danny, is this really something you'd like to pursue (i.e. what's more theatrical?)?

Because if it is, Chris and I will win. I alone have over 700 hypnosis perfromance and God knows how many Chris has.

This is STUPID!!

I'm done!

Josh London

Josh, NO I DON'T WANT TO PURSUE IT. Wait a second here did you actually READ my last post? Please do not confuse punisher and me. I DID back out. I am confused why you want to go after me.

I said I DID NOT WANT this to continue. What part of I am sorry did you not calculate?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
That's because you hold water on here Danny...

Moral of the story: let your water go...

;-)

I make no claims except no stooges were used..
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
I saw Vinnie's video and liked it. As you know I'm new as well. I PM'eD him actually asking him for advice. I thought he'd been doing it a while. I too applaud him. As far as your sister feeling groggy, the ONLY advice I can give, (I'm taking a home study course for cetrification, with DVD'S, and Vinnie knows that when I PM'ED him, again I WON'T get into the debate of the "so-called dangers of home study courses here.) AS I said in the DVD, and yes King LIVINGSTON, is NGH Certified, also a NLP Master, PLUS he's a certified instructor in BOTH, http://www.hypnosis101.com. Anyway he say's give positive suggestions in the count like 1) Feeling Great, 2) Feeling More and More Awake, 3) Feeling Energised,
4)Coming back to this room, and on the next number, number 5, you'll be awake eyes open, 5) Yours eyes are open and you're feeling great. I don't want to give bad advice since I've only been studying (as my money permits), but that's basically how you awaken someone. Myself I feel relaxed not really groggy after seeing my Hypnotherapist.

Someone here had a great point. No, I'm NOT being a smart alleck, but I really AM interested in who Danny Doyle, Mind Punisher, Josh London, are why? Because I think you guys REALLY ARE SMART ON THIS, and give advice. What certifications do you have, and how did you learn? Really I'm curious. I also for Danny Doyle anyway typed his name in youtube, and didn't dind anything. I went to all your profiles here to see if you had your own websites. I'm impressed. I wanted to see footage of some of your shows. Are you on youtube? Can you give me links so I can see you great guys "in Action". I seriously am impressed. I know a few of you said youtube brought hypnosis down. BUT The Incredible Boris, Paul McKenna, Blaze, Anthony Agalie, Kevin Stone, Joshua Seth, Tim Triplett, all of WHO ARE TOP NOTCH have clips. Is it possible that one of you 4 that I mentioned are one of those guys? PM me if you want it private. As I said you guys really seem to know your stuff, I'm impressed, and just wanted to know your certifications or how you learned and if you had clips or links to your own clips. I'd love to see them, Respectfully Yours, Ed, (Eddini).

Posted: Apr 20, 2007 12:59am
AWESOME Josh London, I just saw your youtube clip... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgV7Ic5Ituk , and it was great, you know your stuff. I hope you don't mind me putting your URL up, but I loved it....lol.

Anyway that's kind what I was talking about as far as putting up links to your shows, and how you learned, certifications ... etc.

Sorry Vinnie, maybe this should be another post. Again I'm glad you got a mentor. I can't find one in my area. I look in the phone book under hypnotist and it's all clinical. I need someone close I can take a bus or taxi too, as I've never owned a car. Anyway congrats Vinnie, Ed, (Eddini).
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
How did this become about us now?

http://www.bransoncritic.com/faq.htm

http://bransoncritic.com/NewsletterArchive4.htm

My suggestion Ed is to learn to use your google better than you do. It really didn't take too much to pull this up.

As for You Tube, well it is ruining our art and I am not going to patronise it. If you want to see clips of my show contact the TV show in the second link, they can help you out.

Point is Ed, this is not about us. I am not here to give you my resume. I don't particularly care if you take my advice or not. Every time someone gets backed into a corner about something they say "oh well why can't I find you, what are YOU qualified to do?". Which is absolutly not the point. It is not about me.

Like I said Ed, not about us. Maybe I never did a show, maybe I am not certified to do anything, maybe I just think stuff. Or maybe I have headlined a theater in Branson for a year, maybe I have worked for 20 years 4 nights a week, maybe I am ABD in psych. and don't need certifications. Maybe I have EVERY $1000 weekend certification possible and every mail order nonsense you can imagine. Isn't that the beauty of the internet?

I will say this and it will be confusing. After you get your "education" that is when the learning begins. On stage, from people. THAT is the real education. BUT you have to be able to handle problems when they arise. Do it long enough and it is not a matter of "if", but "when".

I bet you a lot of money Josh agrees 100% with this.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
Danny, I do agree 100% with you. The stage is your class room where you take your final exam. The office where you study is the library where you...study.

I learned my foundation from Geoffrey Ronning. Maybe "foundation" is the wrong word, but I learned the basics from him.

Then I did shows and learned my own way of doing it and luckilly Chris Wilson and I were good enough friends we went to eachother's shows and talked about our way of doing it.

It just takes trial and error to not only learn, but make it look good!

Ed, I'm happy you got to see my You Tube clip, but the reason I use You Tube is to be able to have a way to put a video on my website for clients to view me.

And, that is an old video that I actually did myself. I'm having a pro do a new one at the end of the month.

Josh London
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Josh the video is not the point.

I am not a huge fan of Ronning, but you took the foundation he provided and then went on to keep learning. THAT is the point. I knew you would agree.

You had a proper foundation from Ronning, and expanded upon it. THEN YOU DID THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. Yourself and Chris, then made the shows YOU!

That means you are not a clone of Ronning, which is a great thing! Glad to see I was right. Nice to have common ground isn't it?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
DJP
View Profile
Veteran user
London
391 Posts

Profile of DJP
http://www.hypnosis-directory.com/hypnot......oyle.htm

Danny is this you? Just asking.

Dave
David
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If it says hypnotherapist, even without looking, no
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
To be a Ronning clone would be a very boring thing!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I guess LOL. I don't want to turn this on Geoff. Not the point, I was complimenting you two, NOT bashing him. Anyone who is a clone of their teacher is a bad thing in general.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Danny I'm sorry geesh. I'll start a new thread. I know this thread wasn't about you. I was COMPLMENTING you, and the others I wrote about, sorry. I'll do a new thread entitles "What Kind Of Hypnotist Are You, and Certifications do you have, and Experience", to EVERYONE generally. You're right even though I do use my GOOGLE A LOT, I guess I was focusing on clips too much. Thanks for the links, Ed.
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Starting out.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL