The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Carl Williams (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bronx
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of bronx
Hi. I had the pleasure of spending an hour or so talking to Carl Williams at a recent tradeshow. I was performing and noticed a gentleman with silver collar tips and a bolo tie watching me. I read his name badge and saw the company name Custom Magic.

His stories were amazing. The magicians he's known, the magicians he's built illusions for. I could have listened to him talk for days.

Can anyone tell me more about him? Or where I might find some information?

Thanks so much,

bronx
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
I would interested in learning how to get some of Carl Williams' magic through his company, Custom Magic.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
He not only is one of the greatest magic builders of our time (see tons of his stuff in the Albo books), but he was also one of the genius designers of the STEALTH AIRCRAFT.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Carl is without question, the greatest living magic craftsman on earth..

On a personal note: I owe more to Carl Williams than I can express. When I was in my late teens (i'm in my mid thirties now) I was just gettig into magic and it was great for me, but I had a lot of personal problems such as severe substance abuse, depression, and a very turbulent family life. I met Carl through his lovely wife jean who worked (mainly for fun) at a local magic/costume shop.

For no other reason than shear kindness, Carl took me under his wing, brought me around to local and out-of-state magic conventions, introuced me to some true legends of magic such as Lance Burton and many others, fed me, helped me with my act, hung out, and most importantly gave me a lot of advice and insight into how to be self sufficient and self confident. Two traits he has in spades.

I spent a good 8 years doing magic professionally, now I'm a computer animator with my own small business and a couple employees. Watching Carl call his own shots, his attention to craftsmanship and detail, and the pride he takes in his work made a HUGE impression on me.

I'll never forget the time I spent hanging out with Carl and Jean. Wonder wonderful people.

Sorry if any of this sounds sappy but like I said, I owe the guy more than I can express.

-t
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Ah and Mr. Biro is correct. Carl was indeed one of the principal designers of the Stealth Fighter, (not to be confused with the unpopular Stealth Bomber)... Although, unlike his awesome magic stories, he doesn't like going into to much detail about the experience..
Bato William
View Profile
Regular user
All I've managed to write is
160 Posts

Profile of Bato William
If tyler_rabbit posted twice here, how come his avatar says '0 Posts'?

Bato William
You're nothing but a pack of cards! - Lewis Carroll (Charles Lutwidge Dodgson)
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Carl is now one of the Wednesday regulars at Dean Dill's shoppe... last week he had an electronic piece of Dean's all apart trying to figure out why it didn't work. He finally did and got it all back together and working fine.

You can tell he's here if there's a car out front with the license plate "OKITO".

Carl, in magic, is a national treasure. Many don't know but he was a full time pro in the vaudeville era as a ventriloquist and magician.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I miss our Wednesday sessions, Pete!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Steve Varro
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville TN.
116 Posts

Profile of Steve Varro
I am trying to find out if anyone know's how I can get in touch with Carl Williams?

I have a red box titled Little Houdini Matchbox Magic Set, and I'd like to know a little more about it.

Thanks,
Steve
STILL In HIS service

Steve Varro

International President of FCM

Owner/Dock Haley Gospel Magic Co.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Carl Williams (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL