The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Teaspoons vs. Tablespoons (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Is there a difference between teaspoons and tablespoons at spoonbending? I wanted to share with you some spoons and forks I found at a reasonable price:
http://www.pjpmarketplace.com/servlet/th......e/Detail

If anyone knows of a cheaper price, please list them.

$3.15 per 24
Harry Truman
View Profile
Regular user
England
156 Posts

Profile of Harry Truman
One is smaller than the other, maybe?

The differences in 'bendiness' will depend entirely on the material the spoon is made from, its thickness, etc. You'll have to experiement with different spoons to find the ones you prefer.
"Man's highest reward for his dedication to the pursuit of excellence is not what he gets from it, but what he becomes through it."
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I already know the tablespoons are bigger. That is a good idea about me experiementing with each one. Maybe mentalst do have different opinions depending on the size. Thanks.
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Hi DM, my answer to the teaspoon / tablespoon debate: fork. The tines at the end add visual interest and draw the focus of the audience, which makes the illusion of bending more effective.

If you must have a spoon, for personal or sentimental reasons, or just because they are a lot easier on the jacket pocket linings, go for the biggest you can. Bigger spoon equals bigger bend, bigger bend equals bigger effect.

Also, the smaller size of a teaspoon can make it difficult to bend on the handle rather than at the neck. A bend in the neck of the spoon is far less impressive, because that's the weak point.

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Try your local restaurant supply. After Walmart changed out their line, I located a local vender and they let you see them prior to buying. Dominion forks are the greatest for bends but I also like the spoons for other bends as well.

I defintely would not buy too many teaspoons. I have a few of them but they are just too little to be effective visually.
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Depends on where you are doing your bending. For stage I recommend tablespoons or even a pie server. For walkaround where you may have the spoons in your pocket and are only twofeet from the people, teaspoons work just fine.

No difference in the bending for me. Any difference is all in the mind.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
What about using plastic spoons which I have just recently heard about using for bending?
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Plastic bending never really did it for me.

Catoe,
A pie server? Never heard of that one!

Peace,
J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Done it. Great visibility, not difficult to do, but I found it lacked the visual impact that a spoon has for some reason. The lack of a convex/concave surface I guess has something to do with it.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Teaspoons vs. Tablespoons (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL