The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Looking for Mylar Film & Braided Rope (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Does anyone know a good source for Self Adhesive Mylar Film in various colors...Im also looking for some GREAT braided rope..like the original Daryl Jumping Knot of Pakistan was made of.... I have 2 of the newer version and the rope just isn't the same..
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
mkiger
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mkiger
You might try a craft supply store such as Michaels (sp?). Fabric stores sometimes have braided cord for window drapery and trim.
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Dick blick Art supply can give you the mylar.
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Thanks for the sources, I will check them out.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
sleightly
View Profile
Elite user
New Hampshire
500 Posts

Profile of sleightly
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of tntjr
If you are looking for something that can be photocopied or laser printed on, try a drafting supply place.

See here: http://www.reprint-draphix.com

Informal term for it is "sticky back." Might actually be a trade name. Anyway, on the site search for "adhesive film"
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Depends on what you are trying to do with the mylar film. In my work I occasionally have to stretch an area of mylar over openings, and I use a scotch brand double stick tape applied to the edges of the opening. I am able to reposition the mylar as needed to get the right tautness to the surface. This is usually followed by a retaining ring or plate on the edges to keep things more in place permanently. While I have not used spray adhesives on mylar for pretty flat smooth surfaces, I have used it for solar cooker surfaces with mylar. It will work, but you do not get the ability to reposition much with the pray adhesive, you just have to have about 6 hands to keep things up and tight before allowing the surfaces to contact ach other.
Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Looking for Mylar Film & Braided Rope (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL