The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Beginner to Bird Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tempesta
View Profile
Elite user
USA
404 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
Hello everyone,

I've long been a fan of bird magic, and I was interested in reading up on it, see what all is involved, the ins and outs to see if it is something I might consider doing in the future.

Are there any good books or any material strictly for beginners, to answer questions and give basic techniques and handling/care for this branch of magic?

||sean ||
//Sean Beard
davemajor
View Profile
Regular user
UK
184 Posts

Profile of davemajor
Hi any of the Ian Adair dove encyclopeidias or Tony Clarks Behind the seams, Andy Amyx Doves 101,
There are loads on the market, the above are Mainly DVD, ian adairs is a book(s),
do a search on the magic Café or just ask your dealers they maybe able to help you,
All the best,
Dave Major
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
Hi Tempesta, also, if you want to read up on Doves as an animal, the best place to go, in my opinion, is http://www.dovepage.com This site give you tons of information on Dove Care and other things. These things are good to know before you start thinking about having your new pets for assistants. The site will give you specs on houseing, feeding, etc....Pretty much anything you need to know, and non-magic related. On that topic, if you do have a magical question, ask it here, not there. As that site is strictly for dove enthusiast/purist that breed, and raise many different types of doves. You can learn a lot by reading many of the articles there. That would be your quickest "read". There are also other links on that pae to other Dove sites. You can learn the difference between different types of doves and how to obtain different colors (natural colors) of doves. Its really a good site to check out.

Hope that helps some.
davemajor
View Profile
Regular user
UK
184 Posts

Profile of davemajor
Yeah I agree with 1906Alpha1906 I forgot about that website,
also if/when you get the birds get them form a breeder rather then pet shop, as then you can ask questions and also see how they are kept/looked after properly
Hope this helps,
montemagic
View Profile
Elite user
San Diego, CA
471 Posts

Profile of montemagic
Also check out General Grants work, nice quick release harnesses.
Aim To Amaze
davemajor
View Profile
Regular user
UK
184 Posts

Profile of davemajor
Hey Montemagic doyou know where I can get on of General Grants harnesses?
also do you know what colour they come in?
Thanks,
Davemajor
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Davemajor, you can contact General Grant at GGmagic@aol.com

He doesn't have a web site and doesn't hear very well so email is the only method of contact. His holders come in red, white, blue, black, yellow and newsprint. His ribbons to dove routine comes with a multicolor holder that you might be able to purchase separately. You'd have to ask him about it.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Beginner to Bird Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL