The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Dr. Seuss (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Peeps,

Is their any Dr. Seuss themed magic tricks on the market?

Any ideas?

G0THIKE
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I don't know what's on the market, but in the world of DIY (Do-It-Yourself) anything goes!

The Cat in the Hat - a live cat production from a red and white striped hat... if you dare; a toy cat if you don't!

Magic with Green Eggs.... don't forget the ham!

Any of The Magic Nook Seasonal Themed tricks can be adapted for Dr. Seuss characters as well: The Growing Hat, Portrait of Grandma, The Great Pumpkin, Hippity Hop Whatevers, Forgetful Whomever... and many more are yours for the converting! DIY!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
The green egg to silk crossed my mind, so did green egg to bag.

Just looking for more material.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I thought I heard at one time that Mark Daniel (from KidAbra) has a Dr. Suess themed trick, around Red Fish, Blue Fish.

Is it on his Book Magic video / dvd? Or was it just live at shows? Or at one of the KidAbra events?

Maybe Mark will chime in with an answer.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I have a GREAT Dr Suess routine which you will love.

Go out and buy a deck of Red Fish, Blue Fish Go Fish Cards.

Then do Rich Marotta's Lassod Card to find their card. A piece of rope is thrown into a paper bag of cards and the selection is lassod!

The deck comes with a duplicate Star Fish so you can f**** one and reveal the other
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Nicholas,

Where do find Red Fish, Blue Fish, Go Fish cards? I have never seen any.

I used to do a Grinch routine that I used at Christmas shows. I had to make some customized jumbo cards to do it.

I become The Cat In The Hat around Dr. Seuss' birthday each year. I make appearances at schools and day care centers. It is to promote reading but I usually don't do any magic as The Cat In The Hat. It is difficult to do sleight of hand with only 3 fingers!

:)

Regan
Mister Mystery
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
I believe March 1 is the 50th anniversary of The Cat In The Hat. That's a bit close, though to be adding a good routine to your show, though.

Spellbinder, I'd love to see someone produce a real cat from a hat. Perhaps if it had a mild sedative prior to the show -- and it was declawed. Smile
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Keep them coming....
Gary Richards
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Gary Richards
Nicholas,
for years I have been searching for just such a trick as you describe. Long before I got involved in Magic, I was a trick roper, and still, on occasion, perform rope tricks (Wedding Ring, Texas Skip, etc.) I have been trying to figure out a way to combine magic routines with regular rope tricks, and your suggestion sounds perfect. Thank you so much for pointing me in this direction.
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Quote:
On 2007-02-19 19:45, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:
...The deck comes with a duplicate Star Fish so you can f**** one and reveal the other

Nicholas, you'd better watch your language on this forum Smile

I actually did write a routine that is very Dr. Seuss-like that goes with a soft soap routine. As I perform the trick I recite the rhyming patter. I used it in a library show I designed a couple years back.

It start with:

Each of these hanks, 1,2 and 3
Has colored dots, as you can see.
There’s red and green and even blue.
But I don’t like the spots – It’ true.
Red spots, blue spots, even green.
Not – I would like to make them clean.
Remove these spots, or dots, or blots.
Remove them? That I’d like a lot!

The patter continues, but you get the idea. With a little imagination, a good many effects can be 'converted' to the Dr. Seuss theme.

Scott Smile
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Dr. Seuss (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL