The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Rules of tv magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Oge
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Oge
I just wonder that, is any rules for tv magic performance, say like if we do something that really strong effect on tv which is only able to do for tv show, and can't do for live performance is that big lie to the audience or we only can do something that able to do on tv and live performance?
JKing
View Profile
New user
Tampa, FL
53 Posts

Profile of JKing
There are really no set rules, it depends on what you want to do. Some are comfortable performing with edits and stooges, some with no edits but plenty of stooges, and some believe in only performing what they could show you live.
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Oge:

Here's an interesting essay/lecture written by the late Gary Ouellet in 1996. He was the producer of the World's Greatest Magic TV Specials. It should be required reading for anyone ever thinking about performing on TV, be that local or national.

http://www.leirpoll.com/appearing_on_tv.htm
johnobryant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
195 Posts

Profile of johnobryant
Magician's "lie" to the audiences all the time.

Ex:

"This box is empty"

"I have nothing in my hands"

"Nothing up my sleeve"

-John
Oge
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Oge
Magician's "lie" to the audiences all the time. well I'm agree with that...but if we do something with cut and edit thing..is that also a magic?...

Chris, thanks for the web address,

Best,

Arthemus
Cardinal Bunal
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Cardinal Bunal
Anyway using plants "excessively" is another issue... I don't mind stooging people out... but other magi in the community might complain. I don't mind magic in a round, underneath, upskirt, it doesn't matter what matters is PRODUCTION VALUE.

LOL
Oge
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Oge
"what matters is PRODUCTION VALUE" I think you got it right...agree with you tho...

best,

arthemus
Rappel
View Profile
Veteran user
Memphis Tn.
303 Posts

Profile of Rappel
Read "Lights, Camera, Magic" by Dick and Virginia Williams.
23 years of TV magic.

Rappel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Rules of tv magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL