The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bank Night? Coloured purses (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
I saw a set of four coloured purses go on Ebay not so long ago. I think it was a Bank Night type of effect. Can someone enlighten me as to the exact name and source of the effect so I can do a search for its availability. (I've an inkling it may have been a Becker/Earle product but I could be wrong!)

Thanks

Roger
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Blimey! Was I dreaming it? Anybody? four coin purses - one yellow, one blue, one red and another - er, green I think.

Any takers?
magicnutuk
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of magicnutuk
I haven't seen the particular effect on ebay but I don't think it is the becker purses. I am almost sure they are all black. I do perform an effect using 4 different colored purses based around Fogul's Second Spot. You can also perform a close-up version of the kurtz chair prediction. I'm sure if you google the effects you could find them somewhere, although the kurtz effect is now out of print. Sorry but that's the best I can do. Good luck Rodger

SIMON
magicnutuk
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of magicnutuk
I haven't seen the particular effect on ebay but I don't think it is the becker purses. I am almost sure they are all black. I do perform an effect using 4 different colored purses based around Fogul's Second Spot. You can also perform a close-up version of the kurtz chair prediction. I'm sure if you google the effects you could find them somewhere, although the kurtz effect is now out of print. Sorry but that's the best I can do. Good luck Rodger

SIMON
magicnutuk
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of magicnutuk
Sorry about the double vision. don't know what happened there. Just found this on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V......ack=true You could prob use this for the same effect you need.

SIMON
magicnutuk
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of magicnutuk
Sorry about the double vision. don't know what happened there. Just found this on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V......ack=true You could prob use this for the same effect you need.

SIMON
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
I have heard of this before Roger, think I also say it on ebay. hmmmmm, that's got me thinking.
domclarke
View Profile
Regular user
Windsor, UK
147 Posts

Profile of domclarke
Roger,
Think this is the Becker Coin purse as per his section on this in Stunners Plus. He calls the routine Just Chance. Roy Roth in the UK makes the purses, and although they are described as black in Stunners Plus, he does make them in different colours, and does package a number of them together for a bank nite effect (3 or 4). He had a few sets at the last International Magic Day back in November - so he still produces them. The Becker coin purse has loads of great uses so well worth it.

Regards
DC
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
There's the very simple "Jackpot boxes" that could be switched to colored dime-store purses. I think that's the name. Dealers would have that one.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I have seen these becker purses....all black, and very simply clever
magicnutuk
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of magicnutuk
What am I doing wrong?
What am I doing wrong?
See, its still happening, can somebody at the Café please erase my double entries and explain it to me. Honestly I'm really not in that much of a hurry to get to 50 posts. Anyway, after an extensive search the item your looking for is here http://www.rarmagic.com/online/ I can testify to roys craftmanship as will Mr Becker himself, not to mention the guys at outlaw (no relation apparantly).
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2007-02-22 12:11, magicnutuk wrote:
What am I doing wrong?
What am I doing wrong?
See, its still happening, can somebody at the Café please erase my double entries and explain it to me. Honestly I'm really not in that much of a hurry to get to 50 posts. Anyway, after an extensive search the item your looking for is here http://www.rarmagic.com/online/ I can testify to roys craftmanship as will Mr Becker himself, not to mention the guys at outlaw (no relation apparantly).

after you reply, it might be that your posting and hitting your bck button to return to the topic.
Larry Becker
View Profile
V.I.P.
241 Posts

Profile of Larry Becker
Just a word about the origin of the Technicolor Coin Purses. When I first conceived the effect in the early 80's, I had Roy Roth make them up in black leather. I believe there were 4 in the original set. It's been so long ago I've forgotten. The idea of using colors was conceived by Germany's Boradin who suggested it to Roy. We then made it up in colors. Later we swictched to black with gold numerals because Roy was having trouble getting the correct colored leather. Many years later like two years ago Lee Earle and I had them made up in black leather sets of five by another overseas maker. That's the whole story for those who care about such things. Regards- Larry
Visit our website: www.MentalismUnlimited.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Nice to see you drop by Mr Becker.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bank Night? Coloured purses (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL