The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Rabbit...Info (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ddhoudini
View Profile
New user
Kansas City, MO
70 Posts

Profile of ddhoudini
I'm no expert, my son has a lionhead he uses in his act. It is wonderful. And unusual and adorable looking! Very friendly. makes a great impression with a bunny bucket.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I recommend you to go to forum "Polly Wants a Cracker" because more animal experts are there.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......3&26
GWSchott
View Profile
Veteran user
Southeastern Michigan
361 Posts

Profile of GWSchott
I went with a Holland Lop and a Lionhead. They're both only seven weeks old so we're pretty much starting with a blank slate. Today I started introducing them to the Elusive Bunny Box. I let them sit in it and sniff around, then gave them a wee bit of food to eat. I figure if they start associating the box with something good (i.e. food) they'll be a little more at ease with it. Just a theory. The rabbits themselves are great. The lop is especially friendly and very easy going. The lionhead is cute as a button, but tends to run away when you try to pick him up. Once he's in your hands, though, he's fine.
Yours In Magic,
Gordon
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I have a chocolate Dutch female (the males spray according to breeders). This is a great breed for kids show magicians as they are docile and friendly, and also do not have special grooming needs (some breeds have hairball issues). Also, if you feed the rabbit a supplement called Doc's Rabbit Enhancer, which I order from a Des Moines rabbit feed supplier whose name I forget but found by Googling($12 for a four or five month supply if you give a few tablespoons every other day)not only do they get nutrition supplements, but their hair shines like show bunnies.

Mumblemore
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
For some reason, no one has mentioned Dutch rabbits (very conventional-looking white and black or brown) which are common and kid-friendly. They have the advantage of being smallish (fit most production boxes) but a little larger than the dwarfs. They also have the benefit of not needing special grooming care, which some breeds constantly need.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Well I have me a Netherland Dwarf..thanks for all the info as usual everyone here is so generous to share.
Now I need some kind of production for him...dont really care for a dove pan,I've never had one so not even sure he would fit in one.. Lookign for other ideas..
Would love to find a way to load him into my Oversize Top Hat I picked up from Silly Billy..show the hat empty and then produce him ..anyone have any ideas?
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Mike, congratulations on you new bunny!

My favorite rabbit productiion box is Abbott's Elusive Bunny Box. Even a Netherland will not fit in a dove pan once he is full grown. You need Morrissey Magic's Super Pan if you go that route.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Don't forget the Rainbow House . . . I just ordered one from Daytona, which is offering them at 40 percent off through midnight tonight (I have no interest in their company - I just shop for value and like to promote dealers who offer it, even if only for two days at a time . . .)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Rabbit...Info (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL