The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » I got this book by Dr. Michael Preston J.D., PHD. I'm learning SO much. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
The book is called Hypnosis : Medicine Of The Mind.

In Brief : The guy got a Doctorate at Marquette University, and U Penn. He's studied with Dr. Lewis Wolberg, Dr. William Bryan Jr, at the College of Medical Hypnotists, and The American School, of Hypnotists. HE's recieved the National Educator's Award, and FOUNDED in 1968 the Institute of Medical Hypnosis.

The book covers....

Induction Techniques
Deepening Processes
Tests For Hypnotic Depths
Psychoneuroimmunology
Age Regression
Hypnotherapy
Self-Hypnosis
Special Treatment For : Alchohol, Asthma, Choking, Depression, Drugs, Frigidity, Gagging, Impotency, Insomnia, Pain, Stuttering, Weight Loss.

Anyway if you look at my previous posts on Hypnosis you can see where I was niave. I had so many misconception, like Hypnosis is very dangerous. It's NOT, it as been accepted in the Medical Community since 1958. The word Mesmer came from Franz Anton Mesmer...ect. The book has 300 pages I'm ONLY up to 50 pages I'm NOT even up to the induction Techniques. I'm read the Definition of Hypnosis, in which this guy asked a panel, and he got 5 different answers. Dr. Preston's definition is "Hypnosis is then a state of awareness dominated by the Subconcious Mind".

You see I thought like so many that Hypnosis is a trance, a form of sleep...ect, when in ACTUALITY you are MORE aware, and NOT asleep. Also ANYONE can be Hypnotized if they are of average intelligence, and WILLING to follow instruction. As everyone here knows you have TWO minds. The Conscious MInd, and the Subconcious MInd. Basically Hypnosis is Deep Concentration, and Relaxation. You try to cut off the Conscious Stimuli. Did you know by closing your eyes you cut off 1/8 of stimuli. You use words like "Sleep" but that is shorthand for close you eyes and go into deep relaxation. Then in the SUBCONCIOUS you say SUGGESTIONS, the deeper the stage (there are like 4 levels of hypnosis) the more likely they are to ACCEPT the suggestion. Now people can accept or reject the suggestion based on their beliefs, morals, personality...ect. That's what I'm learning. You may be like "Ed that's all and good we knew that so WHY the post". I'm posting so people know I was and AM serious about learning about Hypnosis as my other posts I was niave, and people might've thought of me REALLY LEARNING about HYPNOSIS as being a "Joke". Also I'm just sharing what I'm personally learning.

I've learned that this Doctor known as the "Miracle Doctor", has helped someone who was paralyzed for three years due to a surfing accident and broke his neck and did spinal cord injury, I guess while under anathesia heard a doctor say he would never be able to walk, and at that time the SUBCONCIOUS mind was "Dominant" and accepted that statement as fact. This Doctor (Thr Author) through Hypnosis took him back to the operating room, and "Injected" that he COULD walk. The guy was then able to walk and never went to a wheelchair. I've heard that people have gone under for SURGERY not with drugs but Hypnosis as the anathesia. I've read blind people got their site back under hypnosis. I'm learning about positive and negative hallucination.

Right now I'm in the chapter just on the BRAIN, the parts such as the frontal lobe, the yeporal lobe...ect, and their functions. The Doctor believes ALL HYPNOTISTS should know the brain, and all it's functions. A LOT of medical stuff. As I said I'm up to ONLY page 50, out of a 300 page book, and ALL OF THAT I've learned so far. I LOVE learning this stuff. While this is primarily a medical book, I want to use hypnosis for STAGE, and STREET use along with a MAGIC, and MENTALISM. I still can't hurt reading this book. The OTHER book I got is a older one called "Patterns Of The Hypnotic Techniques Of Milton H. Erickson M.D." written by Bandler.

I've also watched 2 videos on http://www.youtube.com. I won't type the URL'S but type HYpnosis, and you'll see a lists of clips. Watch the 34 minute of the Erickson one just turn up the volume, and a 20 one by Calvin Banyan (Who has a great school on Hypnosis just look at his site) called "The Truth Of Hypnosis", and he ALSO has a great 3 minute clip on Rapid Inductions.

Anyway I'm learning and want to really finish this book, then learn more. I really want to "Specialize" in "Rapid", and "Non-Verbal Inductions" which this book teaches. Thanks, Ed, (Eddini).
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » I got this book by Dr. Michael Preston J.D., PHD. I'm learning SO much. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL