The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Original Stud decks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scrapdizzy
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of scrapdizzy
Anyone still have them in your town? These suckers are getting RARE!!

Id like to pick up a dozen if possible before they start selling for $15 a deck on Ebay.

Im talking the original thin ones that say "two jokers" on the outside of the pack.
CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
I stocked up, I've got around 85 decks or so, but I don't think I'm gonna let any go. I sure would like more though. Anyways, for a while STUDS on ebay were going for between $25-$350 a deck, it was pretty crazy... now they have settled down a little to usually less than 10. I actually have 3 decks for sale right now on my ebay, cardconjurer1...
I like cards.
scrapdizzy
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of scrapdizzy
Yea I saw that...Pinochle decks. Cool.

There is one other guy selling them on there as well for $10 with bid starting at only $3.50 it looks like, still a good deal IMO because ive been hammering on a deck now for a month and its still like new. LOVE these decks!!

Need to find some wholesale. Want to part with 10 of yours Cardconjurer? =;)
jldemsky
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of jldemsky
Quote:
....Anyways, for a while STUDS on ebay were going for between $25-$350 a deck....

$350 !?! Smile ....so....who is the su*ker ?
scrapdizzy
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of scrapdizzy
Quote:
On 2007-02-23 16:00, Daniel Araujo wrote:
Quote:
....Anyways, for a while STUDS on ebay were going for between $25-$350 a deck....

$350 !?! Smile ....so....who is the su*ker ?

Better be made out of Gold for that much!!

Ill admit $10-15 a deck for a killer deck like an original STUD is fine, even for some vintage Aristocrats or a rare Bee Playboy deck etc, maybe some Jerrys Nuggets (so ive heard).

But $350 is nuts for ANY deck that does not come with a girl to serve me drinks while I'm playing with it. =)
CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
Yeah man, my friend sold 2 of his stud decks for $350 each, and a few more for a little less. I sold a few for few hundred too when the time was right. Now I'm just sitting on my collection for the few years. I agree those, these decks are definetely worth their price for under $15, my favorite decks...
I like cards.
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of tntjr
We have plenty of Studs in our Walgreens. Are they different from what you're talking about? Is there an "original" as suggested above?
scrapdizzy
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of scrapdizzy
All the Originals are gone. Occasionally you will find them on eBay; Bright Red pack or Bright Blue, and they say "WITH 2 JOKERS" on the pack.
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
I have a few of these. Nice cards, indeed.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
RogerI
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of RogerI
I have about 25 of the origianl studs...I bought them on the clearance table at Walgreens a few years ago for .75 cents per deck...I gave a few away as Easter basket give aways to the kids a couple of years ago before I knew they were in demand...I may want to sell them in a while...
thanks,
roger
dobber
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of dobber
I bought 2 "twin packs" of the bright red and blue decks a few weeks ago. The "new" ones are more burgundy and dark blue.

There were about 6 more packs on the shelf. Maybe I should have scooped them up, but I'm sure they're still there.

I actually made my first ID with one of the red decks and it turned out beautifully. I just love it.
Rob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Original Stud decks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL