The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Watching your hands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
Sounds odd, but I've been slowly progressing at my coin roll, but realize watching what I'm doing might not look good.

Anyone practice the "feel" by purposely not watching the hands, or closing your eyes?

Lastly, one thread indicated that having a little moisture on the back knuckles keeps the coin from sliding (I agree), but how do you insure this in a performance setting? Smile
Full Effect
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
257 Posts

Profile of Full Effect
Practice till it's second nature.

Coin roll while your watching TV, eating a burger, driving, talking on the phone, etc....
"Running water never becomes stale, so keep flowing" - Immortal Dragon Bruce Lee
shanla
View Profile
Loyal user
Japan, Tokyo
285 Posts

Profile of shanla
Sometimes I do a coin roll while talking , reading a book or operating a computer, like smoking. I did so even riding a bicycle! (You shouldn't do that!)
If you intend to perform a coin roll in a show, you may do with both hands, alternatively or simultaneously.

And about lack of moisture, while I hate to say it as an advise to a close up worker, there is a point given to me by a stage performer. That is to drip very little Coca Cola on your hand before a performance. This was originally an advice about multiplying billiard balls.
Yes, that is not good method upon a close up table. But in emergency, I think that is one of choices.

Practice makes perfect!
CSStanton
View Profile
Loyal user
Suttons Bay, MI
228 Posts

Profile of CSStanton
...I've been known to lick the back of my knuckles before a coin roll to ensure proper 'sticking'. If you aren't the licking type, maybe the cola.
-Casey Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Watching your hands (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL