The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Flash Wand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
531 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
I have a wand that is approximately 1 inch in diameter and 16 inches long. It has a flash like a camera would have in one of the wand tips. Then it has a button about half way down. On the other end the tip can be removed and a "AA" battery is connected to the button and flash. I have this from a estate sale and the flash does not work. I have changed the battery but it still does not work. I am not sure who made these but I have not seen a new one for sale for ten years or so. It does not have directions.

Does anyone know who made these?
Does anyone know where to get replacement bulbs from?

Thanks,

Tim
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I think Bruce Chadwick might have made some of these up at one time. If the capacitor or flash tube is bad, it will be hard if not impossible to fix.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
I have two flash wands made by Andy Ponce aka Baldini that uses 2AAAA batteries. They are really nice. The wands look completely clean, without a button coming out of anywhere. One wand can hold flash paper or flash cotton and the other wand has a tip that heats up to ignite flash paper.

Since it's been almost two years, I'm sure you have this problem already resolved, but in case you're in search of a flash wand, let me know and I can send you pics of the setup.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Odds are in favor of the capacitor being bad. Find someone who remembers how to repair tube televisions.

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- Some old Ham operators might could help you. Try Ricker here on The Café.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
If you need someone that knows tubes and capacitors, a tube amp repairman might be able to help. You should be able to find one in your area through the Fender website.

Regan
Mister Mystery
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Actually, it is an electronic flash unit that has been reconfigured to fit in the wand. But Bob is correct. Usually it is the capacitors that go bad.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Simply finding good old strobe camera lights useful in magic is hard enough.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Flash Wand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL