The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Cards from pockets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim Sutton
View Profile
Elite user
Tim Sutton AIMC, London UK
461 Posts

Profile of Tim Sutton
Having gathered four signed selections at the bottom of the deck, I'd like to produce them from four different pockets. I have Darwin's 'Hitchcock Travelers' before me; could anyone suggest any other sources for achieving this?

With thanks,

Tim
thoughtsexplorer
View Profile
Elite user
Elite... not D-Lite!
424 Posts

Profile of thoughtsexplorer
In Carneycopia (by John Carney) you may find several ideas
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Dia vernons "Open Travelers"

guy hollingworths "ambidextrous interchange"

larry jennings "ambidextrous travellers"

Carl Cloutier also has a version, but you need to modify your pants a little.
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
Get hold of Guy Hollingworth's 'Drawing Room Deceptions',most of the effects are quite technical but you should find what you are looking for. I haven't watched the whole video but I heard that he has a 'card comming through the pocket' effect on his 'The London Collection' video,

Diane
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Vernon's original "The Travelers" from Stars of Magic. You can see it demonstrated by a very young Michael Ammar on the Vernon "Revelations" DVD, Vols. 3&4, with a discussion of the trick and it's powerful misdirection with "The Professor".
Johnny Thompson also teaches it on his "Commercial Classics" video Vol. 2
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
Hollingworth also has a version of traveller's on his second video.
Lucas Walker
View Profile
Regular user
Missouri
125 Posts

Profile of Lucas Walker
Barry Price has "Lightspeed Cards to pocket" in one of his Escamotage Books (I believe it's book 2). Anyways, he has all four selections go to the pockets ala travellers, but he repeats it 3 times. I saw him perform it and it is a suspicion free miracle (that doesn't mean it isn't hard). Also, you need to be wearing a jacket, and prepare a prop, the design of which he blueprints in the book.
Tim Sutton
View Profile
Elite user
461 Posts

Profile of Tim Sutton
Thank you for many excellent tips. Quite a few of these books have been on my 'wanted' list for a while, and just bumped themselves up to the top. Others are new to me. I'm grateful to you all for taking the time to share.

Yours

Tim
ragingcalm
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of ragingcalm
One suggestion I can provide that I gleamed from watching carl cloutier last night but isn't actually detail is to p**m a packet and sl**v* one of the packet for later production whilst producing a card from inside jacket.. Just an idea and probably quite technically demanded
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
Aaron Fisher's 'Bicycle Thife'. If you go to http://www.penguinmagic.com you can see a demo video of Oz Pearlman performing this. It's not your regular card to pocket trick which makes it all that much better, there's some kicker stuff from Aaron in there,

Diane
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Jerry Sadowitz has the coolest version of this plot IMHO. Hard to find in print these days though.
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
Another vote for Guy Hollingworth's handling of "Travellers".

Very deceptive.
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Duvivier's version is excellent...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
DWmagic
View Profile
New user
England, Bristol
71 Posts

Profile of DWmagic
Martin Sanderson's DVD 'The Business' has an excellent meathod of getting four signed cards to four different pockets. Two jump to the two outside jacket pockets and the other two jump to the back pockets. The spectator can even remove the two cards from the back pockets. It does, however, require you to do something to the Jacket.

-Matt
Yours,
Matt Wood
chan316
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of chan316
Hello Tim

I have a routine in which 4 signed selections jump to various pockets.
Try this...
put the first one in palm and produce it from your pocket. Whether you control them to the top or bottom depends on which palm to use. As you produce the first one from your pocket, this is perfect misdirection to simply drop the next one in your next pocket. From there you stay one ahead and after you produce the first one, it means the spectators can reach in your pocket and produce the rest. Psychologically, they wil forget you ever produced the first one, meaning when they recall the effect, they will say they took each card from your pockets and your hands were nowhere near.
Hope this helps.

Chan
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Lake Worth FL
1022 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
My favorites: Multiplex Reset-Jack Carpenter
Traveler's Under Pressure-Steve Ehlers
The More Things Change-Jerry Sadowitz
A Double Jack-Ackerman (only two pockets)
Quick Pocket-John Guastaferro
Tim Sutton
View Profile
Elite user
461 Posts

Profile of Tim Sutton
Thanks for more superb suggestions. Thanks for nudging me in the one-ahead direction Chan.
I'll try and catch Jerry at International Magic.

Tim
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
Shoot Ogawa has a nice one. The concept could be easily applied to get four cards to four pockets.
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of BrandonWilliams
I'll second multiplex reset, it is one of my all time favorite routines. Eight cards go to the pockets with only three palms(talk about efficiency). I'd also like to add Interchange by Gary Kurtz to the list.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Cards from pockets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL