The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » What came first Kub Zag or Vosticube: (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
What came first Kube Zag or Vosticube:

http://www.cerix-magicshow.com/video/vosticube.wmv
I am not asking what is better just what came first.
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Profile of STEPHANE-ARNOW
Hello

Cub zag come first (pushinger original), and after Vosticube. when I was jung (10 years old !) I remember the big annonce when the effet of vosticube was created.
As lot of invention in the world, the creator (still in activity) don"t have succeed to keep the idea.

In USA : You are for the creators, and you do a big protectionnism (NEVER ANY LICENCES WITH GREAT BUILDERS IN EUROPE: THAT IS WHAT THE RIPP OFFS CONTINUE and CONTINUE AGAIN !) but you doesn't matter if you buy in USA some props, not invented in USA, which are not the originals ! There is unknown inventor (not only yogano, Dante etc...) who invent only 1 thing ! They need to be protected too !

A QUESTION for the American magicians or some american builders here on Magiccafé : Do you thing that only an American hand can built a prop very well and exactly like the plan of the creator? No. There is fantastic builders in Europe AND overseas (don't speak about dominik magic; I speak about real good builders) . Those builders DON T HAVE ANY RIGHTS .

Because FINANCIAL et ECONOMIC protectionnism typical american (not a critic, it's a fact), there is only some Americans builders (John Caughan, Wellington for example or Bill Smith)autorised to build a origami or the Fan (for example).

In this way, the cost to afford an illusion is terrible : Price of the Prop + Shipping + VERY COSTLY taxes for country (who do some protectionnism too, to prevent those type of importation !!!)
Shipping is cheap maybe in canada or even in England (..) for example but VERY VERY impossible for others country far. and So expensive for big props . Imagine if I want tomorrow buy a Helicopter production ! Here in France! And that is even impossible for a magician in Asia etc...

So why : DON'T YOU WORK WITH THE GOOD BUILDERS OVERSEAS , under control of the quality . The buider can verify that the building is conform to the original plan?? And if the builder beginn to sell the props with a Low quality in the future , they wil STOP to give the autorisation to continue etc... A real collaboration.
In this way, if I buy an ORIGAMI in my country (and if the rules are in this way) : The prop will the same as in USA, but I will don't pay some incredible fees for taxes and shipping.
You know : If a real builder buy you an origami, and if he copy it to the identical, the prop will be 100 % exactly the same. But it is forbidden ok. DO SOME LICENCES to Build, and the parallele Market unautorised will stop ! Because in the catalog of the magic dealer we will found good props.

DO you know : here in France and same in other country , there is ANY (ANNNNNY) magic shop who sell a REAL ORIGAMI, A REAL SLICER, a REAL INTERLUDE etc etc... ANYYY . Why ??? Please don't censure my message. I put the finger on the problem for the magic developpment. Sure: if the real thinkers in magic (M STEINMEYER for example) beginn to give licences, they will give MUCH MUCH money. But maybe the american builders will loose a little... but not sure. Ripp Offs do much dommage for magic industry.

I wait the response
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
I like the illusion. I have not seen it before. I know this does not answer the question.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I like the look of Vosticube, but I think there should be borders around the tube holes, to eliminate the visual discrepancy.

Of the cube effects, I like Konundrum Kube the best, because the whole effect can be taken in from one viewing angle.
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
Thanks Alan. Here is a quote by Patrick Miller here on the Café' regarding the KK:
"This will be a hit for years to come. As for references, send them my way. As for the JAM. I have one of the best, built by Illusions by Your Design. Very nice and very deceptive. I haven't seen a JAM to match it. But I have to say your Kube tops it for deceptive."
And don't forget it's currently on sale with the "limited unit sale" [click the banner top of page "Grand Illusion"]

ack
jkesler
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of jkesler
Stephane Arnow wrote
"Because FINANCIAL et ECONOMIC protectionnism typical american (not a critic, it's a fact), there is only some Americans builders (John Caughan, Wellington for example or Bill Smith)autorised to build a origami or the Fan (for example)."

Yeah, Mercedes, Porche, BMW...priced so low everbody has one parked in the garage. Give me a break...Sound like the United Nations will be building our props...
James
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
I believe that the Vosticube was one upped by the mini 3 cube zag http://tilfordillusions.com/cubeZag.html . I personally like the Konundrum Kube. It is simple and kills the audience everytime I have performed it.
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
As an owner of a Chalet Mini-Kub, I can say that I like the Vosticube, but prefer the Mini-Kub!
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » What came first Kub Zag or Vosticube: (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL