The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Elastics by Yigal Mesika (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
I bought some of Ellusionists thread, and here is a perfect example of deceptive, misleading advertising. Ellusionist has used deceptive and misleading advertising in the past, so I am not surprised to see Ellusionist doing it again.

Here is the ad with my comments in brackets.

"Tired of wasting our money on packet after packet of Loops "we like floating things... a lot" we've instead been tying our own for a while, but nothing on the market really delivered everything we wanted in a thread. They were too visible, too inelastic, too brittle, too weak - just not up to our standards. (Really? Why did you decide to use the same thread as Infinity and Legacy then?)

Rather than admitting defeat however, we instead set out to create a thread that was up to our demanding standards (they are claiming to have created their own thread?) - and therefore, up to yours. Through much experimentation, deliberation and consultation with some serious Chuck Norris-style thread workers, (Really? How about the guy who told you what the source was for IET?) we emerged from our labs with a spool of magical gold - 400Ft of what we believe to be the best invisible thread available anywhere. ( It is the best, but you don't have exclusives to it.)

I wanted to remark on this ad and others similiar to it. As customers we have the rights to challenge such deceptive advertising, and even request the seller prove their claims. Ellusionist DID NOT create their own thread. They basically got the info as to the source of it and decided to sell it as if they discovered something, or created something new. This is illegal in any other market when it comes to advertising, and it should not be exceptable in our art either. I see a lot of blatantly deceptive and misleading ads in our community, and I think it's time to send in the watchdog and finally expose how bad it's become lately.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Now that's honest advertising. I bought a jumbo spool from Richard, and it's the best investment I've made so far this year.

I like to experiment with IET and see how many idea's I can think of, especially hook-ups and such. But, because I was only able to buy small quanities at a time, it was starting to take it's toll on my wallet.

With the jumbo spool of the same IET that has been credited as being the best IET on the market I can now have the freedom to experiment with and not worry about burning a hole in my wallet. If you add how much you think you'll pay for IET in your lifetime, especially if you do a lot of IET work, then the best route is to get yourself a big spool of it in my opinion. You don't have to worry about running out either. The jumbo spools are pre-stripped, and can be easily spun onto a smaller spool to put into a dental floss container for travel purposes.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
To be fair, I just noticed Legacy has the exact same ad on their website. On Ellusionist site, they do not call it Legacy though. They don't call it anything actually. How can anyone claim to make their own thread? Isn't there a patent on it? I know Dupont once had a patent on it.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
One thing that needs to be pointed out. I bought a huge spool of clear lycra thread from Rudy before Infinity came to market. It consists of
many smaller strands that may be stripped out. You just pull it fast or chew it and you can see the smaller strands at the end. You can then strip it to a thinner size. I can get three. However, Mesika Loops are even thinner. He must use a machine. I tie my own loops but if I am working for the money, I use Mesika Loops. They are the thinnest and the strongest.

I don't care if you don't like Yigal Mesika. His products and customer service are the best, in my opinion.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I picked up the Trinity System a few days ago and will never buy loops again. This thing is superfast and makes making loops fun!
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
'Making loops'!!??......... SHHHHHHHH!!!....... He who should not be named 'MESIKA' doesn't like people calling loops 'loops'......... Apparently you can only call a loop a loop if the 'loop' has been manufactured by Mesika Smile
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
How to tie a loop of elastic thread was first described by Ben Harris in the book: ELASTIC THREAD ROUTINES published in 1989.

A FREE -- AUTHORIZED -- COPY (as a pdf) is available here:

http://www.wowbound.com/mambolabs1211xc.html

Best wishes

David Berry
Office Manager
http://www.wowbound.com
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Elastics by Yigal Mesika (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL