The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Roth's Rosin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

morgandollarman
View Profile
Regular user
England
176 Posts

Profile of morgandollarman
Does anyone use this ,i bought one from blackpool convention and I have to say does the job perfect whether you have dry hands or sweaty hands,you just apply this to the outer edge of the coin and you are good to go.
This comes in a small block and has a wooden base and fits in a small box( like a match box that's what it looks like)anyway you only need to rub it lightly and that's it ,but don't press hard cause you'll get too much on .
I don't need to use this often cause my hands are not that bad but if they feel a bit to dry then I just rub the coins this lasts quite sometime on the coins so that's pretty neat.The block will last many years so this is great value for money and it also works on my jumbo coins as well ,sometimes a jumbo will slip if my hands are to dry but with this applied I get a perfecft grip ,usefull if you are doin an important gig and your hands become to sweaty.Highly reccomended,so all of you with dry or sweaty hands this is the answer ,the only trouble is I would like another block as a spare so I'll have a life times supply ,anyone know where I can get one as this was bought at the convention and I have not seen it on Michaels site ,guess I'll have try and contact him ,anyway that's my short review.
morgandollarman
View Profile
Regular user
England
176 Posts

Update found some rosin ,quick tip check your local violin music shops? none on Michaels site so I did a search and bingo good luck.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Sounds like a way violin rosin is packaged. Also comes as a "cake", a round piece wrapped in a felt. Cello or bass rosin is slightly tackier.
morgandollarman
View Profile
Regular user
England
176 Posts

Yeah that's right I have just ordered 4 in the wooden block version (dark colour) cost me just a little more for 4 than I paid for my one ,well never mind at least that's my life times usage lol.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
David is selling the brand that he personally uses at his lectures now, and is calling it Roth's Rosin. He used many types over the years, but found that his brand works the best for him. He has been touting its use at his lectures for years, but never sold his own brand until now. It is not on the web site, as for now you can only find it available at his lectures.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
morgandollarman
View Profile
Regular user
England
176 Posts

Yeah I found that out Michael ,but never mind I managed to find a supplier and have ordered some.
BobGreaves
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
152 Posts

Profile of BobGreaves
I have tried violin rosin. I works well but you need to be careful not to apply too much or get any on the face or you will need a crowbar to release a coin from CP. Use on the edges only and sparingly.
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
How does this affect single drops from CP or EG?

It seems like to me, since dropping coins one at a time from either palm/grip is such a sensitive action one would have to use the rosin all the time once he was accustom to it.
Wes
morgandollarman
View Profile
Regular user
England
176 Posts

No problem for me as long as you don't put too much on as stated already ,i only use it if my hands are to dry .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Roth's Rosin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL