The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Hollingworth - "Twisting" The Aces (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
There's a great little video on YouTube of Guy Hollingworth (the only one I can find online) performing The Reformation, but before that he performs a version of what he tells the audience is "Twisting The Aces".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh7zRMBdw3w

Is this his own routine (I assume it is)? Does he teach it in his Drawing Room Deceptions book? Have been thinking about buying this book, and I think this routine may just be the clincher.

Cheers guys!

-- Topher
thecardman
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
218 Posts

Profile of thecardman
Guy’s original “Waving The Aces” routine can be found in “Drawing Room Deceptions” but the handling that he performed on “The World’s Greatest Magic” special was from his booklet entitled “Quartet”

Sadly, I don’t know any dealers in Australia that will sell the Quartet booklet, but you can buy it from Alakazam in the UK.

Good luck!

Best wishes

Peter
:)
My new manuscript, "The Difficult Second Album", is now available at www.thecardman.co.uk
Nosher
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Nosher
It's also taught on Guy's London Collection video.
Escapemaster-in-chief from all sorts of houdingplaces - Finnegans Wake
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
His version of Twisting the Aces was honestly the reason why I got into magic. I remember seeing it on WGM and was shocked! Did my research and got his video. That was way back in 1999. Nine years later still doing it. It is that good! While you are at it, get his Quartet. Its amazing that just one card can make whole routine different.
sleight king
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of sleight king
I am selling a signed copy of the book which is out of print and signed for $89 postage paid
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Hollingworth - "Twisting" The Aces (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL