The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Some packet trick suggestions? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Rickbc
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Rickbc
This Mondo Monte sounds great, However, Can you tell me if you use the the Hammon count or Elmsley. I forgot the Hammond that's why I ask.
MB's effects are at
www.vinnymarini.com
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
Do the Asher Twist w/the skull kings.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Just use normal 4 Aces and perform tricks like Twisting the Aces, Weighted Aces, Asher Twist and maybe a 3 card monte using Aces. Simple as that. Everything can be examined and easily replaced. Just my 2cents
C-Taylor
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of C-Taylor
Any of the packet tricks fro Bro john knock layman and magician on there ***
"theres a lot of good card magic in that book, unfortunately you have to have skill to do most of it." Smile
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Nick Trost--8 Card Brainwave.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
I have a general question about carrying packet tricks (any packet tricks) in a wallet ready for use:

Doesn't that draw an awful lot of suspicion towards those cards? There has to be something fishy about them, I'm thinking. How does a spectator react to the concept as opposed to how he perceives the same number of cards being selected, seemingly haphazardly from a full deck?

As you can tell, I have never tried carrying a separate packet trick. It just occurred to me when reading this that such separate cards would perhaps seem like a gimmick, and the fact that they wouldn't be allowed to always inspect these cards would seem to confirm this and thereby diminish the effect.

Any thoughts on this? Separate vs from the pack?
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......1&78
This has been discussed many times...
Cardamagically,
<<<KRaZy4KaRdZ<<< DOM
:) Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
Thanks, KRZ! I never would have found that one.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
Lester
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland. U.K
193 Posts

Profile of Lester
Hi Guys,

What about Hens Fetch's Wallet Wallop! Great effect. Only one gimmicked card really!
daniel_lachman
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of daniel_lachman
I actually just ordered that last week. Hopefully I'll like it!
trickytrav
View Profile
Veteran user
391 Posts

Profile of trickytrav
I own Twisted Sisters and color monte I keep reading about entourage would this be worth buying if I already have the above
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
I don't think I'd do TW and E in the same set. If you do three, I would consider a wild card variation or card warp or a torn/restored.............
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
The two packet effects that I carry with me in my wallet are done without gaffs.

Urokinase (4 red and 4 black cards)- A storyline different from the old oil and water and very baffling. It is in my book/DVD Kingdom of the Red

An effect using four aces: This is a conbination of the ending sequence of Rendezvous Aces from KOTR followed by John Carney's Sanverted from Carneycopia.
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
Backflip by Sam Schwartz. It's taught by Daryl in FoolerDoolers, vol 3. He doesn't say how to make the mirror backs, but that's in a thread somewhere here on TMC. It involves an inexpensive purchase of chrome monokote trim sheets - available at a few (not all - you have to call) hobby stores.

This is one great multi-phase card flipping and back changing routine.
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I carry aorund in my packet wallet Amazo, a couple of card warp sets (can also do Vinny's Warped and Restored insetad), King of Hearts 3 card Monte and 6 card monte. I am working again on the dutch looper effect, thanks to "Cardsbymartin" for a new set (and my old Patrick Page "3 card trick" video. Can't wait to start using this again.
But I do have and am a big fan of B'Wave and Color Monte!

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
The Great Dave
View Profile
Loyal user
My Wife said "It's Me or that Stupid Magic Website!" this many times.
202 Posts

Profile of The Great Dave
Mark Mason did a lecture at our IBM meeting recently. His effects with just a few cards are amazing because of the gaffs he creates and has manufactured. There are several of them and all are really great. Hole Sensation has really make an impression on my audiences. Check it out here:

http://www.amazon.com/Time-Machine-Wrist......00M34QH8

Best Wishes,
Dave
Academy of Magical Arts

Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! Whoops, wrong hat ...
dobber
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of dobber
How about using the blank facers for Virginia City Shuffle and Elmsley's Four Card Trick? If you purchase these two items you will then have a performance set and can use the cards you already own for practice.
Rob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Some packet trick suggestions? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL