The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Costume Change Bag? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
I am finally putting the final touches to my costume change. I do a one man change in about 2 seconds under the cover of a rectangular hoop. I would like to kick the hoop up like I have seen so many others do. I have the book and dvd on costume changes but doesn't disclose this. I really need to be able to have it come to me,instead of me going to it. That's the only way I can accomplish the change that quickly. Can anyone help? Thanks!

-Matt McCoy
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
If there is a peice in the back and if its round you should just be able to roll the back poll back and the front should come up.

If you have a video Matt I would love to see how it looks next time we get together.

Best
Brandon
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Matt:

I believe Kevin James came up with the "kick up" move. I saw him do it in the mid '80's. Later, Rudy Coby did it - he and Kevin James were friends, so I assume that's where he learned it.

Kevin James has a website. Maybe you can contact him and ask - it might be in some lecture notes, or maybe he'll just tell you since so many people are doing it now.

Good luck to you, Matt.

Ron
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Thanks for your thoughts and advice. They are greatly appreciated.

-Matt McCoy
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
733 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
I could be wrong and according to my wife often am, but I think Kevin wrote up his costume change for MAGIC, so the kick-up just might be in there. Unfortunately I am sitting in a hotel in Miami so I can’t look it for ya…good luck
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Thanks, that really helps. I'll give it a look.
Once you get home can you lead into the issue possibly?
-Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Costume Change Bag? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL