The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review - New Product by Mozique (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

Alakazam now have the exclusive rights to sell this fantastic item. We have a few in stock now.

Best Regards

Peter
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Cannot wait to see the manual…

The Cobra is certainly a device of great wiliness.

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2007-05-03 14:54, Piers wrote:
Just a pen? Or a pen packed with so much gizmo-tronomy that makes it a device that 007 would be proud of.

James Bond's gadget man Q is confused!!! Smile Smile

The Cobra Sharpie looks to be an excellent multi-utility device (prop). Imagination will be the only limiting factor. Congratulations!

Smile

P.S. The contraption can also be put in a high quality Mini Wand (8" long) or in a Wand Pen - Just a thought!
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
This is true!! Just give Peter at Alakazam a call as I am sure Moz is up for doing Custom versions in wands etc. We had a request from Paul Daniels to see if it was possible to fit the electronics into a Monte Blanc pen but we havn't the heart to try!!(damaging a pen worth more than a Cobra to begin with is a scary test!!)

Well the responses back from the first version of the Cobra Manual has been extremely positive. We are still waiting for some routines to come in from some well known names and the manual will be constantly updated as and when new ideas pop up. It prints out to 14 pages of jam packed ideas and is really starting to push the envlope with what can be accomplished with this utility item.

Alakazam are now the exclusive stockists of this limited item and are having lots of fun demoing the item to bemused magicians in the bricks and mortor shop. I took one to a recent convention and fooled many well versed magicians who hadn't a clue that the pen was involved with the effect. I's a serious magician fooler and so IMO makes this layman proof.

We are in discussion with Peter Nardi regarding producing video demonstrations of the effects possible and they will be available in the near future.

Keep those ideas rolling!!
May your darkness come quickly
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Just a heads up on Cobra availability. Hocus-Pocus will now be taking orders for the Cobra Sharpie in the US along with Alakazam in the UK.

The First Draft of the Manual has gone down very well and I have various new contributors sending new material for the next version which should be ready in a months time.

Any one purchasing the cobra must check the inside lid as there is a password which you need to e-mail me in order to receive the link to the Cobra Manual Download page. Current manual is 14 pages long and growing!!

Cheers Dr john
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Juat a quick Note the new teaser is up for the NEW version of the Cobra Sharpie 2.0
a professionally manufactured version with user changeable battery and more sensitive detector built in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw70Tb8caFk

watch this space for more details . . .
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
That is great! What is the price on this one? Thanks.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Not sure at the moment, It will come with a DVD with explanations, routines & maintenance guide and the original Cobra Sharpie Manual as a .pdf file. The DVD has taken a long time to put together and is shot entirely in a professional Green Screen Studio on HD with Editing and Effects done in a professional TV Studio using high end equipment. All the effects and editing on the DVD have been produced by myself and a professional editor. We had a lot of fun with this and we also feature a performance section with the Cobra being used in bars & restaurants. There is a longer trailer that will be released soon giving full techical spec for the pen.

Its early stages but the pen will be released officially in a few weeks.
Trust me when I say that nobody will be disappointed and any issues that people had with the original model will be chuffed to find they have all been solved with the new unit.

Having used my original cobra for over a year I have to say it has totally fried the brains of many magicians who had no idea the pen was even involved in the effects performed. And having no rings or watches or any other items on your hands makes this the ultimate Magnet detection System IMO

As I said Watch this space. . . . .
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Just a quick heads up!

The DVD has now been completed and approved by Peter at Alakazam so the second trailer will be put up in a couple of weeks. The pens have worked out better than we had hoped and I now feel the Cobra Sharpie 2.0 will set a new standard in Magnet detectors. Obviously the CPIII does a similar job so its a personal preference as what works for you as a performer. All the PROS who have the pen reckon its extremely effective so its down to your style as to works best.

Be good to get some independant reviews in when the new pen is released, any one out there using the 1.0 who would wish to comment?
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
I love mine. It works great.
My only concern has been that the battery is not user replaceable.
So, I for one, am waiting with baited breath for 2.0.
I just hope that they have a reasonable upgrade path.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
I have been assured by peter today that an upgrade path will be made available that is affordable for all old users of 1.0
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
The Cobra Sharpie 2.0 is now ready for preorder & the latest trailer is available to view now:-

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3fVQUybKDBE

Price will be £99.99 from Alakazam magic

I have been hammering mine for a few months now and feel it is an extremely practical device and now with the ability to change the batterys yourself this is now a real world worker.(and the DVD I produced with Moz is pretty cool as well!!)
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Oh! and the price drop from the original helps as well!!

I have been assured there is an upgrade path but I have no idea what this will be at the moment it may be worth ringing Peter at alakazam to get a quote.
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
May I ask - what is the point in these 'trailors'? I'm finding the increasing popularity of far over stylised promo's that don't show a product, a performance, or indeed anything of specific note.
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Question VIEW have you actually watched the new trailor yet? The first one is just the intro from the DVD and was designed as a teaser to get people talking. Its a technique currently used by every single motion picture that is released.

that's a fair point but I guess you could apply that question to TV advertising in general. For example if gillette razors didn't have fancy 3D animations of there product flying around and glossy adverts would you buy there products? or any bodys products for that reason?. Many magic DVD's are poorly made rubbish with no eye for quality.

The Cobra Trailer is first and foremost fun!! we had loads of fun making it and wanted something that caught peoples eye. We could have filmed a bloke sitting in front of his webcam fiddling with a sharpie and mumbling about how Cool it was!! and showed a poorly lit demo of the pen in use and put that up would that be better?

1. The trailer is about a pen? what is there to show? using a wire frame graphic shows off the following features.

A) Reinkable
B) User Changeable Battery
C) Discreet Vibration Unit
What more do you need to know? Its a Magnet Detector nothing more.

2. The quotes are from reputable users so there useful to hear.

3. The Trailers are professionally produced and show time and energy has been put into a solid working product with a prefessionally produced accompanying DVD. Buyers will be less wary of buying this than some low quality one trick DVD.

4. Its a fun Trailor for a magic trick Lighten up!!!

I guess I agree with you about trailers for certain tricks that end up being ****e but The cobra Sharpie is backed by Alakazam and is a Solid workable product which many Professionals use and rave about.
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
How many routines and ideas are on the dvd???
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review - New Product by Mozique (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL