The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A penny for some thoughts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
Some of you beginning may learn something from this and some of you full timers may get flashes of early memories.
Last night I hung out with some new friends. We all met at one of my good friend’s house. Really cool place he has it set up like a bar in the main room. After shooting a game of darts Steve (new friend) brought up he’d like to see “some of the strange stuff I do”. I said sure and grabbed some cards that were lying out on the table (I love this house). I did two things one with influence and the other a prediction. This set the pace very well and I was really on (by the way). Performances that just have that something in there are really nice, aren’t they? I then went into (after lots of talking about what they just witnessed), some Forces of the psychological kind (ha). But here’s what some will find interesting. I just performed it on the girl Alicia (new friend). I asked Alicia to think of something and I’ll keep all the patter to myself. After all the talk and performance I told Alicia what I was getting. I named two things A Dart Board and a Tree. She said I was thinking of a flower. But here’s the nice part, her boyfriend Steve said (loudly) I was thinking Dartboard! Well naturally I blended it in “I was performing on her but picking up on you Steve, we’re on the same”…. You see the outcome. Then Alicia started comparing the flower and tree. “They both grow out of the ground they’re similar in” (etc). Needless to say they started believing. After some talk and another drink I performed a display of telepathy using books they picked out for themselves…
Anyway, I went to the bathroom and performed a quick set up on a magic item I haven’t performed in a while. When the time was right and the talking about what I had demonstrated took on this amazing wonder, I performed let’s just say I took an empty can out of the trashcan and gave it life… My point besides just sharing some thoughts is some magic certainly blends well with Mentalism. I have read and heard from some of the best and worse that they don’t mix the two. My view is this- you can perform anything in the right context. The power is recognizing the context. And you only get that from performing. I hope this helps just one person…

lostpoet
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
That was a really uplifting read.
Thank you.
Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Great job!
Whenever I see a dartboard, I predict the number they will hit using
a NW.

Woodfield
DJP
View Profile
Veteran user
London
391 Posts

Profile of DJP
Hey lostpoet,

Interesting story; Have you read Banachek's PS2; Greg Arce discusses something similar to your story under 6 degrees of separation (p.104) and how one can incorporate peoples different thoughts into a routine.

Regards

Dave
David
wordSMITH
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of wordSMITH
That's an awesome story, lostpoet! I find it especially useful when it's friends who bring up the idea of a performance.
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
I had a lot of fun that night. The forces and there similarities are about as close as you can get to the real thing. I definitely want to dig deeper into it. PS2 has been on the list and I'm looking forward to reading it. Thanks for every one's feedback.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2007-03-29 11:52, Yavid2001 wrote:
Hey lostpoet,

Interesting story; Have you read Banachek's PS2; Greg Arce discusses something similar to your story under 6 degrees of separation (p.104) and how one can incorporate peoples different thoughts into a routine.

Regards

Dave

Exactly what I was thinking as I was reading. I love 6 degrees of separation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A penny for some thoughts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL