The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Atlanta Dynamic Duo Rock the Magic Castle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Just saw Ken Scott and Joe Turner, both from Atlanta, perform at the Magic Castle this week. Have to say they both were the highlight in the showrooms during the week. I overheard many conversations throughout the evenings that Ken & Joe were the favorite acts in the showrooms. Ken and Joe performed their signature routines to enthusiastic responses. I'm glad I was in LA this week to witness these true professionals. I can see why they are two of the busiest performers on the east coast.

Ken
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Thanks Ken it was great to meet you had a lot of fun!

Ken
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
I had seen Ken lecture in Detroit a while back, but it's always great to see a pro like Ken in front of a paying audience. Ken had the show in the palace running smoothly and had the crowd in stitches. He set the tone for a great show and had a great 2nd set. If you're in LA, you have a couple nights left to see Ken & Joe.

Ken
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I know Joe does adult magic shows (that sounds odd) but Ken is a kids show performer. When he works the Castle does he do kids show stuff like Hippity Hop Bunnies and Ridiculous Ravioli or does he do a show oriented toward adults? Do they bring in kids for him to work to if he is doing the kid stuff so people can see how he interacts?
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2007-03-31 00:06, MagicSanta wrote:
I know Joe does adult magic shows (that sounds odd) but Ken is a kids show performer. When he works the Castle does he do kids show stuff like Hippity Hop Bunnies and Ridiculous Ravioli or does he do a show oriented toward adults? Do they bring in kids for him to work to if he is doing the kid stuff so people can see how he interacts?
Ken is a pro, and though he is known for doing shows for kids - he is an all-around performer and does magic for all ages, adults included.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Okay, I wasn't aware of that. So he performed a stand up show. Thank you.

P.S. Please refer to "Georgia" as the south not the eastcoast.
Joe M. Turner
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta, Georgia
248 Posts

Profile of Joe M. Turner
Ken is an excellent all-around performer who *specializes* in shows for kids. At the Castle this week, his work in the Palace has been of the same high quality that he has shown when he worked the Parlour several times prior. He will entertain any group of people you put him in front of, and that's why I know the Castle will keep having him back.

Thanks to Ken Dumm for his encouraging words. It has been a fun week out here -- still a couple of nights to go. I always look forward to performing at the Castle.

JMT

P.S. Georgia is on the east coast; I have a show in Savannah in July and I work other Atlantic coastal towns, too. I work up and down the eastern seaboard, across the country, and internationally as well. So "the South" is just one pecan on the pie...
Regards,
Joe M. Turner
turnermagic.com
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Of course it is on the East Coast of the US, I was raised there. The US is divided by regions, you have New England, The Atlantic States, The Southern States, The Mid West, Plains States, North West, Western, then South Western. Is it now not considered good form to refer to the South as the South or has shame taken over and now you wish to hide as East Coast? Nice to see the show went well at the castle.
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
I second that Georgia is the East Coast.
Mike
Joe M. Turner
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta, Georgia
248 Posts

Profile of Joe M. Turner
Good grief. It sounds like the reindeer got their antlers stuck somewhere unpleasant. Hope you feel better soon.

This sort of nonsense is why I stopped coming to the Magic Café. Checked back in for a couple of days after hearing about Ken Dumm's post... only to find that some things never change.

See you on the Genii forum.

JMT
Regards,
Joe M. Turner
turnermagic.com
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Who knew a simple pat on the back could turn into a geographical nightmare Smile
I guess Santa of all people would know his geography. Smile

Ken
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Hahaha...
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Atlanta Dynamic Duo Rock the Magic Castle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL