The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Chops (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

philipi56
View Profile
Regular user
grand rapids, MI
142 Posts

Profile of philipi56
Does anybody have any helpful advice for mastering this unusually cool club trick? I have an understanding of it, but I just can't pull it off. Thanks, Philip
TroyRoark
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield IL
282 Posts

Profile of TroyRoark
Chops is a cool trick. Once you master it, you'll find that audiences love it. It's one of the few tricks that's as difficult as it looks, but once you get it, you'll feel very rewarded!

I'm assuming you know the basic pattern. There are a couple suggestions I can make. One, do doubles on the throws, it slows things down a lot! Secondly, I would break the pattern down to two clubs. Learn how to toss that double, then chop with the other hand. Always work both hands equally.

Dick Franco's "Three Club Juggling" will help greatly. Heck, he's doing the trick on the cover of the book!

Hope that helps.

Troy Roark Smile
Lithix
View Profile
Regular user
Tempe, AZ
168 Posts

Profile of Lithix
I think it also looks REALLY good with torches... but if you've been performing for awhile and your hands are sweaty... accidents may occur... Probably one of the worst mess ups I've had in a show was when I tried to chop and a lit torch was hurled into the crowd... fortunately no one was injured... but needless to say we got a very light hat and lost some viewers on that show.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Chops (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL