The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » B - Screens (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Profile of STEPHANE-ARNOW
Hi,
after long reflexion, I decide to add in m brand new show the Bryce screen effet.

Just a question : the classic like Abotts version (even more big for storage) can be done more far, nearliest or in the same conditions from the audiance than the new version (lighter) of Creative I llusion?
It is just to help me in the choice.

cheers
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
They can be done in the same way as the Abbotts version. Creative Magic's version is a great lightweight version that packs really small. The only drawback compared to the Abbott version is that they are not quite as steady since they are lighter.
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Thanks you.
From your point of view, the version on sale on Magicauction is the real version (abotts) or it is a ''home building'' ?
Abotts actually don't have it in his catalog..
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I don't see it at magic Auction. Which page is it on?
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I can't tell from the picture. You can ask the seller though.

Anyways, even if it's an original I would still go with B-Screens. They will make yours with the fabric you want so it can really fit your show. And you can't beat the practicality.
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Thanks for the answer.
B screen is cool, but if need work outdoor, it is not the best.I read your old post on Café, and I remember you or someone said that B screen can fly because of the wind.
thank you very much for your help.
Mattillusion
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Mattillusion
I think any screen will flip in the wind. If I had to make a person appear outside I'd use a tip-over trunk.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Quote:
On 2007-04-06 12:55, Mattillusion wrote:
I think any screen will flip in the wind.

I agree. B-Screens or the Abbott's version, any wind and you have problems.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
I agree with MikeDes, B-screens is not the illusion to use if you're wanting to produce someone outdoors. Try a tip-over trunk, fire cage, or other production box. If however, you're going to go with B Screens, get them from Creative Magic. I've seen them and can attest they're wonderful! Plus, you can get them in whatever fabric you want to match your show!
Best Wishes,
Kevin
cameroncando
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of cameroncando
I love my B Screens they are much much lighter than Abotts and I too got to pick my fabric! But outdoor shows are not an option. You might be able to use the Abotts version outdoors because they are heavy but as mentioned before if it got too windy you would have problems with that as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » B - Screens (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL