The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Another question about Mnemonica (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

reuvanes
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of reuvanes
Although I love this epic work, I seem to be having some trouble understanding some of the instructions. Can anyone please help me understand clearly how to get from Mnemonica to Stay Stack and from Stay Stack to Mnemonica without starting in New Deck order?
I appreciate the help.
nornb
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of nornb
Mnemonica to Stay Stack Page 19 Paragraph 2, 3, 4 & first sentence of 5.
Stay Stack to Mnemonica Page 15 Paragraph 3, 4 & 5.
nornb
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of nornb
Reuvanes,
Have you got it?
I was comfused initially, and then just tried things out with cards in hand.
The part faro was the only thing that highlighted itself - what was in and what was out faro.
I tried it one way and it wasn't Mneuonica, tried it the other way and it was!

All the best,
Norn
reuvanes
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of reuvanes
Nornb, thanks for checking up. Unfortunately, I haven't yet gotten it down. I think something got lost in the translation. It feels more like a conversation with the reader rather an edited written work. I guess I got a little spoiled reading Simon Aronson's work. I know this is asking a lot but maybe you can video the steps and pm me with the file?? I totally understand if this is too much. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Reuvanes
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Tamariz's writing style is much different that Aronson's. As you noticed, it's very conversational. Simon is a stickler for clarity and explains things in great detail. Tamariz expects the reader to figure a few things out. But it's no where near as bad as Annemann. His explanations were extremely short and he assumed you knew a lot. But don't give up on Mnemonica. It's just packed full of gems. Expect to have to work through things, to think, and not be be spoon fed. You'll be rewarded if you stick with it.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Tamariz's writing style is much different that Aronson's. As you noticed, it's very conversational. Simon is a stickler for clarity and explains things in great detail. Tamariz expects the reader to figure a few things out. But it's no where near as bad as Annemann. His explanations were extremely short and he assumed you knew a lot. But don't give up on Mnemonica. It's just packed full of gems. Expect to have to work through things, to think, and not be be spoon fed. You'll be rewarded if you stick with it.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
reuvanes
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of reuvanes
Nornb, Dennis
I finally got it. Thanks for the help. I just performed my first memorized deck effect (invisible card by Simon Aronson) for a real audience and it killed. I'm still working on becoming automatic with location for every card but I have already begun to see its unique benefit.

Reuvanes
nornb
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of nornb
Congratulations.
Mnemonica is a fantastic tool. I am just in the foothills, but there is so much there.
Happy memories!
Norn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Another question about Mnemonica (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL