The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Stacking menu headings? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kris attard
View Profile
Elite user
Malta
437 Posts

Profile of kris attard
The Magic Café is a super place to hang out, the food is decent, the price is good and the company is incredible. I don't know if this is the case with others too, but when I wish to hop from one forum to another, I don't know how else to do it other than going to the index page and scrolling up and down looking for that particular forum. Its great that there is such a menu list, but sometimes it can take a bit to find a section. Just a thought here...can it be condensed to make it easier to find a particular section, especially in one of those evenings where one might visit many different sections that are not necessarily in order? I don't mean reduce the categories, but present them listed in a way that only the section name shows. Those who know what section they want to go to, will thus have a much shorter and simpler scrolling around to negotiate. Those that don't, or who want to take their time checking what each section is about, simply hold their cursor over the name for a couple of seconds, and the section description and other details opens up. I know Windows menus can do this, but have no idea what technical burdens it might involve.
The Hitchhiker
View Profile
Regular user
England
150 Posts

Profile of The Hitchhiker
I can see where your coming from, heres a tip what I do 'save a few regular threads into internet explorer favorites then you have the Index section, forum heading and thread heading all above to click from there pretty fast..

All the best

Jason
kris attard
View Profile
Elite user
Malta
437 Posts

Profile of kris attard
Good point Jason. Would still be good to have the condensed menu so that it is easier to dip into unusual sections once in a while, but until then, I'll certainly take your tip!
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Like magic, this feature is available already. At the top of the index page, click on the "Welcome to the MagicCafe" Poof, you'll see all of the forum headings condensed. Just click on the one you're looking for and it will open all the topics. Click it again to close that forum.

To return to normal, just click on "The MagicCafe Logo".
Where the magic begins
kris attard
View Profile
Elite user
Malta
437 Posts

Profile of kris attard
Ok yes, that's more handy. Thanks Dave.
The Hitchhiker
View Profile
Regular user
England
150 Posts

Profile of The Hitchhiker
That's Great Dave thanks.. how about a big arrow < newbies click here for menu stack Smile it does look like a header, a useful tool.

Cheers

Jason.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Stacking menu headings? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL