The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Info please on card cheating (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wildwolf
View Profile
New user
stoney creek, ontario
54 Posts

Profile of wildwolf
Can any of you suggest some good dvds that I can get to learn about card cheating, so as I can do demos for people. as well as show on how to protect themselves. like show by turner, ortiz, and nash. I have ordered all of mr.turners dvds, and just waiting on them to arrive. any other suggestions, as well any suggestion on how to get started in doing shows and demos like that
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Marty Nash told me he spent five years for every segiment of his show practicing, something like that. Think about it.

The character sells the act after you have spent a lot of time developing your act. Good luck.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
To make this work, you'll need to be seen as an 'expert' on all forms of hustling.
No DVD is going to teach you that.

READ first......... 'Expert at the Card Table', 'Fourty Years on the Mississippi', 'Road Hustler', any book by Steve Forte, and any other book you can see when you take a few days and read EVERY post in this forum to get a taste of what you're going to have to know (inside out) to be taken seriously by any audience.

Don't go into this knowing only the sleights and nothing about the culture or the history, you'll likely not have a very good time. Being seen as that 'expert' in this type of presentation without understanding close to EVERYTHING about hustling will be difficult to say the least.
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
Richard Turner's videos aren't a bad place to start off on. I have been working on my bottom deal for about 6 years now, ( learned from one of Martin Nash's viedo's ) and I still don't do like I want to do it. All this stuff takes a ton of practice time to master.

I think Ortiz's On Card Cheating video will give you a flow as to how a gambling demo could be presented i.e cheating while shuffling the cards, cheating while dealing the cards and cheating while switching cards.

I agree with Silverking's post..read everything in your local bookstore on gambling because your bound to get questions during your demo.
Self concept is destiny..
wildwolf
View Profile
New user
stoney creek, ontario
54 Posts

Profile of wildwolf
Thanks guys
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
I would start will something easy. Always best to start with something you can master in about 5-10 min so that you can not become bored with it.

begin with some false overhand shuffles first they are easy to start with.
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Quote:
On 2007-04-11 15:02, sodman12 wrote:
I would start will something easy. Always best to start with something you can master in about 5-10 min so that you can not become bored with it.

begin with some false overhand shuffles first they are easy to start with.
Lol nice mate. You must be pro. I still play around with it, as it need to look legit and clean, but then it's still not mastered. Mastered is when you do Cold Decks like Doc or Seconds like Turner or Bottoms, Centers etc. like Forte.

But I went off topic now. What I would suggest is. Get Erdnase read it once. Read it second time, and start learning sleights. Start with shuffles like sodman12 suggested, but practise it for few weeks at least, untile you get it WELL. Then you carry on with entire book. So when you finish learning each move, probably some time next year, you get Forte tapes, or Turners, Nash etc. And try the moves on their tapes/DVDs. But it's all about practise.
Quote:
On 2007-04-07 02:27, silverking wrote:
To make this work, you'll need to be seen as an 'expert' on all forms of hustling.
No DVD is going to teach you that.

READ first......... 'Expert at the Card Table', 'Fourty Years on the Mississippi', 'Road Hustler', any book by Steve Forte, and any other book you can see when you take a few days and read EVERY post in this forum to get a taste of what you're going to have to know (inside out) to be taken seriously by any audience.

Don't go into this knowing only the sleights and nothing about the culture or the history, you'll likely not have a very good time. Being seen as that 'expert' in this type of presentation without understanding close to EVERYTHING about hustling will be difficult to say the least.
Highly agree. And if you want to start, start from the book, rather then DVD.
Pavlo
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
Something that's fun and educational is to read Swains novels.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Info please on card cheating (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL