The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Café Down time? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
No improvement I'm afraid. Thanks for trying though. I have no more ideas at this time. You have done all you can. I appreciate that!

Usually when something is mysteriously wrong like this it turns out that it's my fault somehow. Or maybe it just seems that way to me now since I am a bit disappointed in myself that I cannot see what is probably an obvious answer. Very disappointed in fact. And very fed up with computers.

I guess I'll just ignore it for now and hope that it fixes itself in the same manner in which the problem suddenly appeared. I'm fed up with it all now.

It's like the Bermuda Triangle... or actually they've figured that one out so this is a bigger mystery now. Smile

Thanks again!
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Hah! Now it suddenly works. I haven't changed anything here. The problem simply went away. For now at least.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
Hmm ... maybe your ISP's DNS was down for a time. Happens to me with my ISP sometimes too. In fact, Mary's computer and mine are right next to each other here, and sometimes she can't get a site when I can, and we're on the same network. Go figure.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Yes. It's just one of those strange things that happens from time to time. Best not to jinx it now by analysing it. It works and that is the important thing. Smile

Thank you for taking the time to look for solutions!
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Hmm. Two weeks later the problem is suddenly back. Only this server. The rest of the web is where it is suppose to be, so to speak.

My isp insists that your server should be accessible and I have tried two different computers now here.

Oh well. It will fix itself again in another week or so hopefully. But it remains a mystery. I blame the mentalists. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Café Down time? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL