The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Book Of Life By Al Man (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
534 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
Does anyone own this book and would care to give a review. It sounds a little too good to be true.
Pete
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Contact Devin Knight; magicbuilder here at the Café.

J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
I had something published in The Book of Life, which fitted in with Al Mann's theme for that manuscript. It's one of his lesser known manuscripts.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
It is excellent but requires a LOT OF WORK to assemble - basically it is a book test where what is seen is: a spectator chooses a random page from a random book and concentrates... when he or she looks at the page, only on THAT PAGE is the SPECTATOR'S CHOSEN WORD WRITTEN/BURNT across that PAGE...

A superpowerful effect - I've never tried it because as mentioned, there is a heck of a lot of work to do to prepare for it... no stooges etc... more manual labour of love.

Al Mann was a genius that the mentalist community underappreciated, IMHO
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2007-04-09 10:32, Quentin wrote:
I had something published in The Book of Life, which fitted in with Al Mann's theme for that manuscript. It's one of his lesser known manuscripts.

The tree reading. Very cool indeed.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
James, You are right, the tree reading was included by Al Mann - it had originally appeared in High Domain. What I had discussed with Al and what he published was giving a reading based on a drawing which included a number of objects, one of which was the tree.

The idea is not original with me. I had seen it done at a party as a game and realised it could be used for readings. It was new to Al and he was quite excited about it.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2007-04-10 03:54, Quentin wrote:
James, You are right, the tree reading was included by Al Mann - it had originally appeared in High Domain. What I had discussed with Al and what he published was giving a reading based on a drawing which included a number of objects, one of which was the tree.

The idea is not original with me. I had seen it done at a party as a game and realised it could be used for readings. It was new to Al and he was quite excited about it.

I heard Rudy Hunter was going to release his version of tree readings. I like your Quentin.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Quentin... Is your tree reading still available somewhere?
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
Quote:
On 2007-04-09 10:32, Quentin wrote:

Quentin, as you well know, I think the Tree reading is great.

I think getting something published by Al, is even cooler.

Timothy
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
Gentlemen, I think there may be slight confusion here. I didn't come up with the Tree Reading. It was first published, to my knowledge, by Al Mann in High Domain, one of his manuscripts.

What I had come across at a party was a game where people draw a number of items including a tree. I realised it could be done as a reading. From what they draw and where they draw it on the page, you base your interpretation. That's what Al published in The Book of Life.

If you like this idea then check out Timothy's (MrHyde) version of The Pig Test described in The Secret Notebooks of Mr Hyde Vol 1. His link is at the bottom of his posting above. It's very similar in concept.

If, as James mentions Rudy Hunter, a very accomplished reader and entertainer, releases his version of the Tree reading, it would be a wise investment.
PAN
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of PAN
Quentin,
Your signature - On your Speaking in Schools - very well done! Looks like a great business opportunity for some magicians! I'll PM you a couple of questions.

I must add that when I saw "The Shiels Effect" linked to 'a unique presentation for schools and libraries' I almost dropped my laptop! It's a good book, but you can guess which part made the biggest impression!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Book Of Life By Al Man (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL