The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Don Imus Show Cancelled on MSNBC (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
As a straight white guy, I realize that I'm statutorily barred from being PC anyway, so I usually don't try too hard. So heck with the memo..."undocumented immigrants" are still "illegal aliens" around here.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Josh
Please don't say you'de kiss Ann Coulter for money, I'll give you a loan buddie.
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
What is up with this kissing Ann Coulter thing? Last time I saw her she was stunning, did she fall into a vat of acid?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
It's an aversion to her personality thing generally held by a group of people who thought that Al Sharpton would make a fine honored speaker at the 2004 DNC.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Nosher
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Nosher
Amusingly, Ann Coulter has made the 2007 edition of The 100 unsexiest men.

http://www.thephoenix.com/article_ektid37388.aspx

I'm not sure I'd be taking that kiss money....
Escapemaster-in-chief from all sorts of houdingplaces - Finnegans Wake
imusfan
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of imusfan
Quote:
On 2007-04-18 14:48, MagicSanta wrote:
What is up with this kissing Ann Coulter thing? Last time I saw her she was stunning, did she fall into a vat of acid?

Nothing wrong with her, if you like your women bony and skeleton thin.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Or if you like women.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2007-04-18 14:48, MagicSanta wrote:

She is a vat of acid.
A master mistress of satire. Unfortunately most her audience isn't sophisticated enough to understand satire. Just like the folk who don't get this joke Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Payne: re satire--see my post about the difference between Lenny Bruce and Don Imus.

I know satirists and Ann Coulter is no satirist.

Jack
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Coulter is a sadist, after all.

Jack
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
The only reasons I wouldn't kiss Ann is because I'm married, she smokes... or, err... unless I was a "fa**ot."

Obviously, the sophisticated types didn't get the satire because they took it in a literal sense. Otherwise, they'd have laughed too, like they do with those rip-roaring, guttural snipes calling our President a Nazi - which I believe trumps insensitivity. Now when Limbaugh uses the term "Femi-Nazi" - them's fightin' words Wilbur.

Put that in your PC PIPE & smoke it.
POOF!
imusfan
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of imusfan
I suppose if someone has a really, really fat wife, that kissing Ann Coulter might be an improvement.

But, personally, kissing a chick like Ann Coulter, an alleged "female" with the body of a lanky 19-year old male, just doesn't do it for me.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
What amazes me is that MSNBC tolerated IMUS for 30 years. I have seen magicians who make sexual comments and really no one thinks its funny. If working a Professional Venue, you're probably looking at a law suit. Red Skelton once said Richard Pryor would be the funniest man on earth if he would just clean up his act. Imus needed to clean up his act and the Media needs to clean up theirs.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
OK, I have been following this for a while now and would like to share my thoughts on this subject. My fiances daughter is half black, with really frizzy hair (my soon to be step daughter, and I love her with all my heart). I have Don Imus's comment recorded on my DVR and showed this to my fiance... her reaction?? She laughed her butt off!! She took it as a funny statement coming from a comical shock jock. Me personally, I laughed also. My best friend is black, and he did not take this statement out of context like many have. Me?? I grew up in an all African American community (I am white), and so did my fiance (also white). I think some just take certain statements way to personal and serious, when they were not ment to be taken that way. Hey, go bash the makers of rap music if you want to bash Imus, they are the reason he said his statement the way he did. Because he is a white man and said what he said, he is the biggest racist to walk the earth?? That is racist in it-self. If an african American male said this nothing would have happend, but a white man said it, and it suddenly shocks the world?? I only find that if you are one of those who took this statement offensive, you are racist your-self, because color should not matter. Just my thoughts.

Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Don Imus Show Cancelled on MSNBC (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL