The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Deluxe Double Dove Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I do know what the "Double Dove Production" is. But what is Grant's "Deluxe Double Dove Production?"
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Mike:

General Grant's double production is pure genius in it's simplicity. My suggestion, buy his tape (or DVD). General Grant is one of the finest dove workers around; his work should be studied along with Pollack's, Shimada's, and Tony Clark's.

General Grant's video is one of, if not the, most comprehensive tool on dove work ever created.

Tony
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the same effect as the Twin Dove Production, but just a different name? (I'm not saing anything is wrong with that, just trying to help out Mike)

-Vinnie
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Grant does have the Double Dove Production and the Deluxe Dove Production for sale at different prices. I was thinking about purchasing one. But first I need to find the difference. I think Grant's Twin Dove Production is the same as Double Dove Production.

To be more specific he does have the Deluxe Double Dove Production (2) each harness-double tier. The Double is listed (2) each harness-single. It might be the double hooks Dave mentioned to me in a different thread.

I do have Shimada's, Tony's Unmasked #1 and #2, Victor's, and Ian's videos. I am planning to order Grant's "How To Make A Living By Stealing Doves" next.

Thanks

Dynamike
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Mike, what you said describes the difference in the two effects. Gen's dove pockets are different than anyone elses. Most pockets are just that, a pocket that is attached inside the jacket. The easiest way to describe it is to think of half a dove vest. The pocket is "L" shaped and attaches to the coat. The pocket istself is very deep. This is the single tier version. The deluxe set comes with the same type of pocket but the "L" shape has two pockets, one above the other. It's nice if you do multple body loads as you only have to sew in one piece of material for several pockets instead of sewing in individual pockets. That's the difference between the Double Dove and the Deluxe double dove.

There is a drawback to the standard versin however. You won't be able to sewn in any other pockets. You are limited to just the double dove production. The Deluxe model gives you the ability to produce other birds.

Gen uses a triple tier but doesn't sell them.
Where the magic begins
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
The General Grant's Single/double tier pocket design & his dove bags is excellent Smile

I have own several of his products since 1997 till now.

Just one drawback....u need to trim your birds tail feathers.

Hope this helps Smile
doveboy
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I disagree, dove-boy. My doves are a little larger than most and I have never had to trim the feathers. The tier pockets are the same depth as other pockets like Tony Clarks for example. They are 10" deep.

Gen's dove bags or holders are designed so that if the tail makes the dove longer than their length, the tail feathers are closed and protude out the back which prevents them from becoming frayed. The tail normally doesn't extend more than an inch or so out the back.
Where the magic begins
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thank for the info Dave. Now I understand the difference. Since I am using the vest now, I will not order Grant's "Double Dove Production." I did order two of his one handed release harnesses for the twin dove production. The 24" silks we be from Bob.

The "How To Make A Living By Stealing Doves" from General Grant will be arriving soon. I thought I had it all together with Shimada's, Victor's, and Tony's Unmasked videos. But no one mentions anything about a vest. That is why the DVD of "Behind the Seams" by Tony Clark will be arriving soon also.

I hope I'm not over working Bob Sanders and General Grant. Smile
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
When you get the harnesses from Gen, he'll include 24" inch of matching color with them. Your right in now order his pockets since you are using a vest. They would serve no purpose.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Deluxe Double Dove Production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL